Women's Basketball Heads to Patriot League-Leading Bucknell
The Holy Cross women’s basketball team will look to continue its winning ways with a matchup at Patriot League-leading Bucknell, set for 2 p.m. on Saturday, January 26.
Things to Know About the Crusaders (11-7, 3-4):
- The Crusaders posted an impressive 58-39 victory over Army on Wednesday, January 23 for their second straight win and third in four games.
- Sophomore Jenay Faulkner tied a career high with 13 points, while junior Megan Swords was also in double figures with 11 points. Holy Cross also held an opponent under 40 points for the first time this year.
- Holy Cross leads the league in 3-point percentage with a 38.6 percent success rate in conference play this year.
- Junior Madalyn Smith continues to lead the conference in total assists in league play, with 36 so far (5.1 per game).
Things to Know About the Bison (15-4, 6-1):
- After dropping a contest to Boston University on January 6, the Bison have now won their past five games, most recently a 75-57 result at Loyola (Md.) on Wednesday.
- Kaitlyn Slagus had 17 points and seven rebounds to lead the Bison, while Ellie Mack fell just short of a double-double with 14 points and nine boards.
- Slagus is the second-leading scorer in Patriot League play with an average of 14.1 points per conference game so far this year. She additionally ranks second in field goal percentage (.632) and in blocked shots (1.4 per league game).
- The Bison lead the Patriot League with an average of 70.1 points per conference game, while also allowing just 56.7 points per game for a league-best scoring margin of 13.4 points per game.
- Bucknell has received attention at the national level, most recently ranking No. 11 in the latest edition of the CollegeInsider.com Women's Mid-Major Top 25 and 61st in the RPI.
- The Bison are 54-7 in Patriot League play over the past four seasons.
Last Time They Met:
- Holy Cross went 0-3 against the Bison a year ago, including a season-ending loss, 67-53, in the Patriot League Quarterfinals on March 5, 2018 in Lewisburg, Pa.
- Then-sophomore Lauren Manis had a double-double of 17 points and 12 assists, along with four blocks, to lead the Crusaders in the playoff loss. Slagus (15 points), Kyi English (13 points) and Kate Walker (13 points) were all in double figures for Bucknell.
- Earlier in the season, Holy Cross dropped a 71-47 result in Worcester on January 20, 2018 and later fell 72-63 on February 16, 2018 in Lewisburg.
Season and single-game tickets to see the Crusaders are on sale now. Make sure you don’t miss the opportunity to see the best collegiate basketball in Central Massachusetts! Tickets for Holy Cross basketball can be purchased online at GoHolyCross.com/tickets or over the phone by calling 1-844-GOCROSS.