Women's Track and Field Prepares for BU Terrier Classic
Holy Cross Athletics 01-24-2019
The Holy Cross women’s track and field team will compete at Boston University’s John Thomas Terrier Classic on Friday, January 25.
LAST TIME OUT:
- The Crusaders competed in a dual meet at the University of New Hampshire on January 19, earning a 222-199 victory over the Wildcats.
- Sophomore Christa Jay Moore had a season-best mark of 3.80 meters to win the pole vault, recording an ECAC mark.
- Sophomore Abbie Mokwuah also had a victory and an ECAC-qualifying mark of 13.51 meters in the shot put, and won the weight throw while posting a New England-qualifying time.
- Senior Alexandra Curtin, junior Allie Smiley and senior Sarah Friess made up the top three in the 55 meter dash respectively, with Curtin and Smiley each posting New England-qualifying times.
- Smiley also won the long jump while posting a New England-qualifying mark.
- Senior Morgan Sanders and junior Taylor Gensler went 1-2 and both posted New England-qualifying times in the 55 meter hurdles.
- Junior Allison McArdle won the mile while also qualifying for New Englands.
- Mokwuah had an ECAC-qualifying mark in the shot put at the Terrier Classic on January 26, 2018, placing fifth in the event.
- Curtin placed inside the top eight of the 60 meters, finishing seventh with a New England-qualifying time.
- Smiley placed fourth in the long jump and qualified for New Englands in the event.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Women's Track & Field
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Men's Basketball vs. BU Highlights (2/18/2019)
Holy Cross Men's Basketball Hype Video
Men's Ice Hockey
Men's Ice Hockey vs. RMU Highlights (2/16/2019)