Men's Hockey Ready For Battle At No. 6 Quinnipiac
WORCESTER, Mass. -
Holy Cross will play its final non-conference game of the season at No. 6/7 Quinnipiac on Jan. 22 in Hamden, Conn. at 7:00 p.m.
• The game at Quinnipiac marks the third top-10 team that the Crusaders will face in their non-conference schedule, which is a first for the program.
• Johnny Coughlin scored his team-leading sixth goal of the season, which also marks the most he has scored in a single season in his career.
• Coughlin now ranks second in the Holy Cross record books in career goals from a defenseman (16), and fifth in defensive points (57).
• Rookie Anthony Vincent is tied with Coughlin for the lead in assists, each with 11. Vincent ranks second among his teammates in points (1-11-12).
• Vincent has posted six assists in his last six games played.
• In 2019, the senior class has produced 20 points (11-9-20), accounting for 46% of the team’s points. Between five seniors (Spencer Trapp, Coughlin, Michael Laffin, Peter Crinella, and Mitch Collett).
• The seniors have recorded 11 of the team’s 17 goals in 2019, contributing 64%.
• In league games, Holy Cross’ power play ranks second, scoring on 10 of 49 opportunities (20.4%).
• Vincent ranks 10th among Atlantic Hockey rookies in scoring, with 12 points.
• Vincent and Coughlin both have 11 assists on the season, ranking them 24th in the league.
• In league games, Coughlin ranks 10th in scoring (5-10-15).
• Since all 12 of Vincent’s points have come in league games, he ranks fourth in freshman scoring in league contests.
• At +3, Vincent ranks seventh in the league.
• Michael Laffin ranks 10th in league with 35 blocked shots in 21 games.
• Johnny Coughlin ranks 26th nationally in points per game for defensemen (0.81).
• The senior defenseman ranks t-19th for points in Atlantic Hockey. He is tied for sixth amongst the league’s defensemen, with 17 points.
• With 15 league points, Coughlin ranks fourth in defeseman scoring.
• The Crusaders have seen 18 different goal scorers on the season.
• No one player accounts for more than 11% of the team’s scoring.
Gordon in the Second Half
• Erik Gordon has played nearly every minute in 2019 for Holy Cross.
• In the six 2019 games, Gordon holds a .907 save percentage and 2.82 goals against average.
• Quinnipiac hosts Holy Cross with a 17-5-1 record and a 10-1-0 non-conference record.
• The Bobcats rattled off five-consecutive non-conference wins to start the season and have only dropped one out of league contest.
• The Bobcats are led by Odeen Tufto, who has played 23 games and recorded 29 points on 11 goals and 18 assists.
• Chase Priskie leads the team with eight power play goals.
• The Bobcats have nearly split goaltenders between the pipes, with Andrew Shortridge playing the last two games. Shortridge holds a 9-2-1 record, a .955 save percentage, and 1.16 goals against average.
• On the power play, Quinnipiac holds a 26.6% conversion rate and an 86.2% success rate on the penalty kill.
Last Time Against the Bobcats
• The Crusaders and Bobcats have not faced since 2015. Quinnipiac holds the all-time series at 23-5-4.
• The last time these two teams faced was a home-and-home to open the 2015-16 season. Quinnipiac took both games (5-3, 4-2).
• Michael Laffin tallied one assist in the series.
• The Crusaders will play at Sacred Heart on Jan. 25 and 26, at 7:05 and 2:05 respectively.