Men's Track and Field Heads to UNH
Holy Cross Athletics 01-18-2019
The Holy Cross men’s track and field team is set to compete in a dual meet at the University of New Hampshire on Saturday, January 19.
Last Time Out:
- Several Crusaders competed at the Beantown Challenge, hosted by Harvard, on January 12.
- Sophomore Michael Pichay was second in the long jump with a New England-qualifying mark of 7.00 meters, and later had a New England mark of 14.24 meters in the triple jump, placing seventh.
- Senior Brandon Thornhill ran a New England-qualifying time of 8.49 seconds in the preliminaries of the 60 meter hurdles, posting the 10th-best time of the day.
- A season ago at UNH, Holy Cross fell just short to the Wildcats with a score of 220-191.
- Dan Dempsey won the high jump, posting a mark of 1.90 meters. Pichay also posted an individual victory in the triple jump at 13.89 meters while placing second in the long jump (6.58 meters).
- Brendan Cogdell finished second in the 200 meters in 24.60 seconds.
- Jacob Newton was also second in the 400 meters, with a time of 54.18 seconds.
- Joseph Prunty finished second in the 3,000 meter run, clocking in at 8:56.90.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Men's Track & Field
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
2019 Holy Cross Football Season Preview: Part I
Holy Cross Athletics Moments: 2018-19
2019 Baseball Patriot League Semifinal Hype