Women's Track and Field Heads to UNH
Holy Cross Athletics 01-18-2019
The Holy Cross women’s track and field team is set to compete in a dual meet at the University of New Hampshire on Saturday, January 19.
Last Time Out:
- Several Crusaders competed at the Beantown Challenge, hosted by Harvard, on January 12.
- Sophomore Christa Jay Moore had an ECAC-qualifying mark of 3.70 meters in the pole vault, placing fourth. Junior Allie Smiley also had a fourth-place finish, with a New England mark of 5.56 meters in the long jump.
- Junior Jenna Gasparrini finished sixth and had a New England-qualifying time of 10:02.68 in the 3,000 meter run.
- Sophomore Abbie Mokwuah had a New England mark of 13.44 meters in the shot put, placing ninth overall. She also placed sixth in the weight throw (15.49 meters).
- Juniors Taylor Gensler and Morgan Sanders qualified for New Englands in the 60 meter hurdles, placing 11th (9.21 seconds) and 12th (9.22 seconds) in the prelims, respectively.
- A season ago at UNH, the Crusaders beat the Wildcats by a score of 232.5-194.5.
- Mokwuah was victorious in both the shot put (12.50 meters) and weight throw (15.42 meters).
- Holy Cross posted the top three finishes in the 200 meter dash: Sarah Friess (26.29), Alexandra Curtin (26.50) and Smiley (26.78).
- The Crusaders also posted the top three marks in the long jump: Curtin (5.57 meters), Smiley (5.46 meters) and Sanders (5.40 meters).
- Gasparrini won the 3,000 meter run, posting a time of 10:12.5.
- Moore won the pole vault with a mark of 3.75 meters.
- Gensler won the triple jump with a leap of 10.85 meters.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Women's Track & Field
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Men's Basketball vs. BU Highlights (2/18/2019)
Holy Cross Men's Basketball Hype Video
Men's Ice Hockey
Men's Ice Hockey vs. RMU Highlights (2/16/2019)