Men's Track Returns to Action at Beantown Challenge
Holy Cross Athletics 01-11-2019
The Holy Cross men’s track and field team competes for the first time in 2019 with an appearance at the Beantown Challenge, hosted by Harvard, on Saturday, January 12.
LAST TIME OUT:
- The Crusaders last competed more than a month ago at the URI Heptathlon on December 6 and 7 and the Howlin’ Husky Invitational on December 8.
- Sophomore Michael Pichay highlighted the meets for the Crusaders, breaking a school record in the triple jump with an IC4A mark of 14.50 meters and posting an individual victory at the Husky Invite. He was named the Patriot League Field Athlete of the Week for his efforts.
- Senior Brandon Thornhill reached the finals of the 60 meter hurdles, placing seventh with a time of 8.65 seconds.
- Senior Alexander Escada placed third individually to lead Holy Cross at the URI Heptathlon, posting a score of 4,391 points.
- Holy Cross competed at the Beantown Challenge on January 13, 2018.
- Pichay placed third in the long jump with a mark of 6.68 meters and was fourth in the triple jump with a leap of 14.29 meters to lead Holy Cross.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Men's Track & Field
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Holy Cross Athletics Moments: 2018-19
2019 Baseball Patriot League Semifinal Hype
Softball vs. Lafayette Highlights (5/4/2019)