Women's Basketball Travels to Lehigh
The Holy Cross women’s basketball team heads to Lehigh on Wednesday, January 9 for a Patriot League contest. Tipoff is scheduled for 6 p.m.
Things to Know About the Crusaders (8-5, 0-2):
- Despite four players scoring in double digits, Holy Cross fell on the road to Lafayette on Sunday, January 6 by a score of 73-63.
- Juniors Lauren Manis had a double-double of 12 points and 13 rebounds, while junior Megan Swords had 12 points with six rebounds. Freshman Avery LaBarbera posted 10 points and six rebounds, and freshman Madison Demski had a career-best 10 points along with four rebounds.
- The Crusaders have now played back-to-back games with four players in double digits, as Manis, Swords, LaBarbera and junior Kathryn Pedi all recorded double-digit points against Colgate on January 3.
- Through two Patriot League contests, junior Madalyn Smith has a league-best 13 assists in conference play.
- LaBarbera is tied for the Patriot League lead in made 3-pointers in conference play, with six so far.
- Swords leads the league in total offensive rebounds (10) while Manis is first in total defensive rebounds (20) in Patriot League action.
Things to Know About the Mountain Hawks (10-3, 2-0):
- Lehigh has started 2-0 in conference play, posting a 70-43 victory over Lafayette on January 3 and a 56-38 victory over Navy on Sunday.
- In the win over Navy, Clair Steel had a team-best 14 points, while Emma Grothaus had eight points and 12 rebounds.
- This will be Lehigh’s first home Patriot League contest.
- Buhr leads the team this year with an average of 12.6 points per game and 7.1 rebounds per contest.
- The Mountain Hawks have one of the best defenses in the nation, allowing just 54.7 points per game – the 16th-best mark in Division I.
Last Time They Met:
- Holy Cross swept Lehigh a season ago, winning at home by a score of 54-49 on January 5, 2018 and on the road by a score of 65-62 on February 28, 2018.
- Manis averaged 17.5 points and 7.5 rebounds in the series, totaling seven steals and two blocks between the two games.
- Lehigh’s Gena Grundhoffer averaged 17 points and five rebounds per game
Season and single-game tickets to see the Crusaders are on sale now. Make sure you don’t miss the opportunity to see the best collegiate basketball in Central Massachusetts! Tickets for Holy Cross basketball can be purchased online at GoHolyCross.com/tickets or over the phone by calling 1-844-GOCROSS.