Men's Hockey To Travel To Robert Morris
WORCESTER, Mass. -
Holy Cross travel to Robert Morris for a two-game Atlantic Hockey series on Dec. 7 and Dec. 8. The Crusaders will play at 7:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m., respectively.
• The Crusaders travel to Robert Morris with a 1-10-2 overall record and a 1-6-1 mark in league play.
• Most recently, the Crusaders fell to AIC at the Hart Center, 4-2. Holy Cross and AIC were tied, 2-2, going into the final two minutes of regulation but the Yellow Jackets broke the stalemate and added an empty net goal.
• Matt Barry tallied his fourth goal in the game and was assisted on the play by netminder Erik Gordon. Gordon is the first Crusader goaltender to tally an assist since Matt Ginn (March 16, 2016 vs. Mercyhurst).
• Vincent put together a two-assist weekend.
• In Atlantic Hockey games, the Crusaders’ power play ranks third amongst the league at 29.8%.
• Holy Cross also ranks third in the league in scoring offense in Atlantic Hockey games at 3.38 goals per game.
• In overall freshmen scoring in the league, Matt Barry ranks second. Barry also leads the Crusaders in points.
• Anthony Vincent ranks 14th amongst the league’s rookies. In Atlantic Hockey games, Vincent ranks eighth, tallying six points against league opponents.
• Barry also ranks 10th nationally in freshman scoring.
• Johnny Coughlin leads the team with eight assists. He is also tied for 10th in the league in helpers in league games (7).
• The senior ranks ninth in defensive scoring amongst the league (2-8-10).
• Averaging 0.77 points per game, Coughlin ranks 35th nationally in defensive scoring.
Scouting Robert Morris
• The Colonials host the Crusaders with a 6-7-1 record and 5-4-1 mark in league action.
• Most recently, Robert Morris split the weekend at Sacred Heart with a 2-1 victory and 2-1 overtime loss.
• With 15 points, Alex Tonge leads the Colonials. The senior forward has tallied a team-best seven goals and added eight assists.
• Eric Israel has posted nine assists to lead Robert Morris.
• Three netminders have seen time for the Colonials. Francis Marotte leads with a .904 save percentage and 2.95 goals against average in 14 games played.
• On the power play, Robert Morris holds a 18.8% conversion rate. On the penalty kill, they have a 83.3% success rate.
Last Time Against Robert Morris
• Holy Cross played Robert Morris four times last season to a 0-3-1 record.
• The Crusaders hosted the Colonials in the Atlantic Hockey quarterfinals on March 9 and March 10, falling 4-1 and 5-1 respectively.
Hart Center Opponents
• The Crusaders’ home slate has welcomed consecutive top-5 ranked teams.
• On Nov. 3, Holy Cross welcomed then-No. 3 Providence to the Hart Center as the highest ranked team to compete at Holy Cross.
• On Nov. 16, the Crusaders hosted then-No. 4 UMass.
• The consecutive home games were played in front of sold out crowds at the Hart Center.
• The Crusaders will return after the holiday break with an exhibition game in Plymouth, Mich. against the USA-Under 18 team. The team will return to play