Men's Hockey To Host American International
WORCESTER, Mass. -
Holy Cross will finish the home-and-home series with American International on Saturday, Dec. 1 at 7:05 p.m. Bring an unwrapped toy to the game and receive $2 off admission as a part of the Toy Drive, benefiting Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Mass/Metrowest.
• The Crusaders and Yellow Jackets faced off on Tuesday night in Springfield. AIC took the game, 4-3, from a goal midway through the third period.
• Leibold tallied his first points as a Crusader in the game, scoring and then later assisting.
• Matt Barry continues to lead the Crusaders, with 10 points. Barry also ranks 10th nationally among freshmen in points per game (0.91).
• With four goals, Mitch Collett leads the team in scoring.
• Three players have scored three goals on the season. Seven players have tallied two goals in the Crusaders’ 12 games.
• Sixteen players have lit the lamp for Holy Cross this season. Twenty-two of the 26 who have dressed, have recorded at least one point.
• Prior to the Tuesday night game, Holy Cross faced Merrimack and Bentley on Nov. 23 and 24, respectively. The Crusaders tied the Warriors, 2-2, and dropped the game against the Falcons, 4-2.
• Barry ranks tied for 10th amongst freshmen in points per game at 0.91.
• In Atlantic Hockey, Barry ranks third in freshman scoring and Anthony Vincent checks in at 15th with five points.
Against Atlantic Hockey
• Barry ranks 18th in points amongst the league.
• Johnny Coughlin and Barry are tied for 15th in assist scoring, each with seven.
• Barry ranks tied for 13th in power play points (1-4-5).
• Coughlin ranks ninth in defenseman scoring, with nine points.
• American Int’l hold a 6-7-1 record on the season and a 6-4-1 mark in league play.
• Prior to the series with Holy Cross, the Yellow Jackets blanked Air Force in a two-game series in Springfield.
• The Yellow Jackets are led by Blake Christensen, who has tallied five goals and nine assists for 14 points.
• Zakarias Skog has played the last three games for AIC. He holds a .893 save percentage and a 2.90 goals against average in eight games played.
• AIC holds a 15.4% conversion rate on the power play and a 78.0% success rate on the penalty kill.
• Holy Cross and AIC faced on Nov. 27 in Springfield. The Yellow Jackets took the game, 4-3.
• Holy Cross took a 2-1 lead in the first period. In a relatively quiet second period, the Yellow Jackets scored a power play goal with one second to go in the frame to tie the game. AIC took an early lead in the third period but Robinson evened up the game a few minutes later. Nearing the midway point, the Yellow Jackets scored to go up, 4-3, and never relinquished.
• The Crusaders will travel to Robert Morris on Dec. 7 and Dec. 8 for a 7:00 p.m. and a 4:00 p.m. Atlantic Hockey series.