Men's Hockey Set for AIC
WORCESTER, Mass. - Holy Cross will face American International on Tuesday, Nov. 27 in Springfield, Mass. at 7:00 p.m.
• Holy Cross played Merrimack and Bentley on Nov. 23 and 24, respectively. The Crusaders tied the Warriors, 2-2, and dropped the game against the Falcons, 4-2.
• Collett recorded a three point weekend, posting two assists against Merrimack and added a goal against Bentley.
• Matt Barry continues to lead the team in points and has taken sole possession of the lead, with 10 points from three goals and seven assists.
• Johnny Coughlin holds the second most points, with seven assists and two goals for nine points.
• Collett leads the team in scoring, with four goals.
• The Crusaders have scored 29 goals on the season from 14 different goal-scorers.
• Barry ranks tied for 10th amongst freshmen in points per game at 0.91.
• Vincent has posted the second most points among Crusader freshmen with one goal and three assists for four points.
• As a class, the Crusaders’ rookies have contributed 17 points, which accounts for 25% of the team’s scoring.
• All of the freshman have dressed in the Crusaders’ lineup.
Against Atlantic Hockey
• Barry ranks t-17th in scoring in the league.
• Each with seven assists, Johnny Coughlin and Barry rank t-13th among the league in assist scoring.
• With nine points, Coughlin ranks ninth in defensive scoring in Atlantic Hockey.
• Barry is third in rookie scoring in the league.
Hart Center Opponents
• The Crusaders’ home slate has welcomed consecutive top-5 ranked teams.
• On Nov. 3, Holy Cross welcomed then-No. 3 Providence to the Hart Center as the highest ranked team to compete at Holy Cross.
• On Nov. 16, the Crusaders hosted then-No. 4 UMass.
• The consecutive home games were played in front of sold out crowds at the Hart Center.
• American Int’l hold a 5-7-1 record on the season and a 5-4-1 mark in league play.
• Most recently, the Yellow Jackets blanked Air Force in a two-game series in Springfield.
• The Yellow Jackets are led by Blake Christensen, who has tallied five goals and seven assists for 12 points.
• Two goaltenders have nearly split time. Zackarias Skog played the last two games for AIC, and has played seven games on the season. Skog holds a .898 save percentage and 2.89 goals against average.
• AIC holds a 14.0% conversion rate on the power play and a 77.2% success rate on the penalty kill.
Last Time Against AIC
• In the 2017-18 series, the Yellow Jackets won three games and the Crusaders won one.
• The Crusaders will finish the home-and-home with the Yellow Jackets and host on Dec. 1 at 7:05 p.m.