Men's Hockey To Play Merrimack & Bentley
WORCESTER, Mass. - The Crusaders will play a non-conference match up at Merrimack on Nov. 23 at 4:00 p.m. Holy Cross will return home on Saturday, Nov. 24 to host Bentley at 7:05 p.m.
• Last time out, the Crusaders hosted No. 4 UMass in front of a sold out crowd at the Hart Center on Nov. 16.
• In the game, freshman netminder Erik Gordon recorded a career-high 39 saves.
• Rookie Matt Barry leads the Crusaders in points with eight from three goals and five assists.
• Johnny Coughlin has also tallied eight points on the season, with seven assists and one goal.
• Coughlin, who has added eight points this season to push his career total to 48 points. With 11 career goals, Coughlin ranks seventh all-time in career scoring amongst Holy Cross defensemen. He ranks ninth in all-time defensive points and tenth in all-time assists (37).
• Spencer Trapp led Holy Cross against Niagara, with two goals over the weekend.
Hart Center Opponents
• The Crusaders’ home slate has welcomed consecutive top-5 ranked teams.
• On Nov. 3, Holy Cross welcomed then-No. 3 Providence to the Hart Center as the highest ranked team to compete at Holy Cross.
• On Nov. 16, the Crusaders hosted then-No. 4 UMass.
• The consecutive home games were played in front of sold out crowds at the Hart Center.
• Barry ranks tied for 13th amongst freshmen in points per game at 0.89.
• Vincent has posted the second most points among Crusader freshmen with one goal and three assists for four points.
• As a class, the Crusaders’ rookies have contributed 16 points, which accounts for 25% of the team’s scoring.
• All of the freshman have dressed in the Crusaders’ lineup.
Against Atlantic Hockey
• Coughlin has tallied seven assists, ranking 11th in the league.
• Coughlin also ranks seventh in points against the league’s defensemen.
• Barry ranks fourth among Atlantic Hockey freshmen in scoring.
• The Warriors host the Crusaders with a 5-9-0 overall mark. Most recently, Merrimack dropped two to Providence.
• Merrimack is led by Tyler Irvine, who has posted 11 points on four goals and seven assists.
• Craig Pantano has played 12 games for the Warriors between the pipes. Pantano holds a .895 save percentage and 3.16 goals against average.
• Merrimack averages 2.23 goals per game and 3.46 goals against per game.
• On the power play, the Warriors have scored 12 times for a 17.1% conversion rate.
Last Time Against Merrimack
• Holy Cross and Merrimack have not faced since the opening of the 2014 season.
• Bentley holds a 3-7-1 overall record, and a 3-5-1 mark in league action.
• The Falcons will face Boston College on Nov. 23 before heading to the Hart Center.
• Luke Santerno leads the Falcons with 13 points on 10 assists and three goals.
• Drew Callin paces the Falcons’ scoring with five goals.
• Aidan Pelino has played 11 games in net for Bentley, for a .880 save percentage and 3.30 goals against average.
Last Time Against Bentley
• Holy Cross traveled to Bentley on Oct. 26 for a single-game and fell, 7-4.
• Beau Collins saw his first collegiate action in the game, turning aside six shots.
• The Crusaders will play a home-an-home with American International on Nov. 29 and Dec. 1. On Nov. 29, Holy Cross will travel to Springfield and host the Yellow Jackets on Dec. 1.