Volleyball to host Navy, Lafayette
Holy Cross (7-20, 6-8 PL)
vs. Navy (19-8, 11-3 PL) & vs. Lafayette (5-21, 0-14 PL)
|Date||Nov. 9, 2018 | Nov. 10, 2018|
|Time||7:05 p.m. | 4:05 p.m.|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Follow Us||Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
WORCESTER, Mass. - The Holy Cross volleyball team will close out the 2018 regular season with a pair of Patriot League matchups against Navy at 7:05 p.m. on November 9 and against Lafayette at 4:05 p.m. on November 10 for Senior Day.
Things to know about the Crusaders (7-20, 6-8 Patriot League):
- Holy Cross comes off a 3-1 upset of conference-leading American on November 3 – the first win for the Crusaders over the Eagles in program history.
- Sophomore Katie Kerins was named a Patriot League weekly honorable mention for her stellar game against American, in which she recorded 14 kills – including the final point – and three blocks. Freshman Johnna Shamley and sophomore Rachel Harding added in 10 kills apiece. Rookie Regan Wright had 14 digs and eight kills.
- Holy Cross has three seniors whom it will honor on Saturday: Allie Barry and Kristen Somerville, along with director of operations Julia O'Toole.
Things to know about the Midshipmen (19-8, 11-3 Patriot League):
- Navy comes off a 1-1 weekend, falling to Army on November 2, 3-1, and defeating Colgate in a 3-2 battle on November 3.
- Navy swept Holy Cross in their previous meeting this season on October 13, with Shannon Dwyer and Kathleen Philo recording 14 and 11 assists, respectively, for the Crusaders.
- Katie Patrick ranks second individually in the Patriot League with a .333 hitting percentage, while Maddy Sgattoni ranks third with an average of 3.31 kills per set.
- Patricia Mattingly also sits in third place in the league with an average of 8.99 assists per set.
Things to know about the Leopards (5-21, 0-14 Patriot League):
- Lafayette comes off a tough weekend, falling 3-2 to Bucknell on November 3 and dropping a 3-1 contest to Lehigh on November 4.
- Holy Cross last met the Leopards on October 12, with the Crusaders winning that matchup, 3-1. Wright led the way for Holy Cross in that matchup with 21 digs and 14 kills.
- Grace Tulevich ranks fourth in the conference this season with an average of 3.22 kills per set.