Volleyball set to host Loyola, American
Holy Cross (6-19, 5-7 PL)
vs. Loyola (11-13, 6-6 PL) & American (18-9, 12-0 PL)
|Date||Nov. 2 | Nov. 3|
|Time||7:05 p.m. | 4:05 p.m.|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Follow Us||Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
WORCESTER, Mass. -
The Holy Cross volleyball team will begin a four-game home stretch with weekend matchups against Loyola University and American University. The Greyhounds will visit the Crusaders on November 2 at 7:05 p.m., while the Eagles visit on November 3 at 4:05 p.m.
Things to Know About Holy Cross (6-19, 5-7 Patriot League):
- Holy Cross completed a weekend road sweep with a 3-2 win against Lehigh University on October 26 and a 3-1 victory over Bucknell on October 27, the first back-to-back road wins for the Crusaders since 1984 and their first back-to-back wins of the year.
- Freshman Johnna Shamley posted two double-doubles on the weekend, with 12 kills and 15 digs against Lehigh followed by 10 kills and 15 digs against Bucknell.
- The Crusaders sit in seventh place in the Patriot League with four games remaining in the regular season.
- Holy Cross continues to lead the league with 1.59 service aces per game, led by freshman Regan Wright’s conference-best 46 aces.
- Throughout the remainder of the season, the Crusaders will have home-court advantage, playing their remaining four games in Worcester.
Things to Know About Loyola (11-14, 6-6 Patriot League):
- Loyola sits in a three-way tie for fourth in the Patriot League, with a .500 record on the year at 6-6, and is winless in its last three games, including a weekend sweep against American on October 27 and Navy on October 28.
- Katie Forsythe leads the Patriot League with 6.11 digs per set, while Ann Ernst is first in the conference with 3.62 kills per set.
- Loyola leads the conference in several statistical categories, with 18.35 digs per set, 12.48 assists per set and 13.21 kills per set.
- Additionally, the Greyhounds hold their opponents to an average hitting percentage of .163, the second-lowest mark in the league.
Things to Know About American (18-9, 12-0 Patriot League):
- The Eagles sit atop the Patriot League standings with a perfect 12-0 mark in
conference,and are undefeated in their last 13 contests.
- Aleksandra Kazala, the reigning Patriot League Player of the Week, led the Eagles with 18 kills in a 3-0 sweep over Navy on October 26, followed by a double-double against Loyola on October 27. She ranks second in the Patriot League in kills per set, at 3.51.
- Loren MacKenzie leads the conference with a .387 hitting percentage, while Kennedy Etheridge sits atop the league with 10.23 assists per set.
- The Eagles are tops in the Patriot League in hitting percentage as a team, at .260. The team also uses its height to its advantage with a league-best average of 2.55 blocks per game.