Women's Hockey to Face No. 8 Northeastern and Maine this Weekend
The Holy Cross women’s hockey team is set to take on a pair of Hockey East foes this weekend. On Friday, Nov. 2, the Crusaders will host No. 8 Northeastern at 7:00 p.m. for their second ranked opponent in as many weeks. On Sunday, Nov. 4, Holy Cross will travel to Orono, Maine to take on Maine at 2:00 p.m. Both matchups will be the first ever between Holy Cross and its opponents.
The Northeastern game on Friday will be the team's Faculty and Staff Appreciation Night. Any faculty or staff member of Holy Cross can get two free tickets here.
Recapping Last Weekend
- Holy Cross hosted its first Hockey East games last Friday and Saturday against Boston College and Merrimack.
- The Crusaders dropped both contests, but did have a couple perforamnces of note.
- Freshman Sommer Ross scored her first collegiate goal in the third period against Boston College.
- Sophomore goaltender Julia Pelletier made a season-high 51 saves against the Eagles as well.
Scouting the Huskies
- Notheastern is off to a hot start to the season having posted a 7-1-1 record to date with a 6-0-1 mark in conference play.
- Veronika Pettey leads the Huskies with six goals and seven assists for 13 points. Alina Muller is second on the team with four goals and seven assits for 11 points.
- Aerin Frankel and Brittany Bugalski have split time between the pipes for Northeastern. Frankel has played in five games, aloowing 0.8 goals against per game with a .968 save percentage. Buglaski has played in four and allowed 1.73 goals per game with a .943 save percentage.
- The Huskies six conference wins have come against Boston University, Maine, New Hampshire, Providence, and Boston University again. The lone tie also came against the Terriers.
- Frankel was named the Hockey East Player of the Month on Thursday and Muller earned Pro Ambitions Rookie of the Month honors.
Scouting the Black Bears
- Maine has also gotten off to an impressive start, posting a 6-2-0 mark overall while going 2-2-0 in conference games.
- The Black Bears’ top two scorers so far this season have been Tereza Vanisova and Liga Miljone. Vanisova leads the team with 10 points from seven goals and three assists. Miljone is right behind her with eight points coming from three goals and five assists.
- Loryn Porter and Carly Jackson have split time in goal with each player appearing in four games. Porter has the slightly better stats with a .940 save percentage and a 1.00 goals against average, while Jackson has a .907 save percantage and a 2.09 goals against average.
- The Black Bears’ conference wins have come against BU and UNH with the losses coming at the hands of Northeastern and BC.
- The Crusaders will play in a home-and-home series with Merrimack next Friday and Saturday, Nov. 9 and 10.
- Follow the Holy Cross women’s hockey team on Facebook,Twitter, and Instagram @HCrossWHockey.