Men's Soccer to Host Senior Day against Army West Point
Holy Cross (2-9-4, 1-5-1 PL)
vs. Army West Point (6-8-1, 3-4-0 PL)
|Date||Oct. 28, 2018|
|Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Last Meeting||Oct. 29, 2017 | T 0-0, 2OT|
|Series History||HC trails 15-16-5|
|Follow Us||Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross men’s soccer team is set to host Army West Point on Oct. 28 at 3:05 p.m. The Crusaders’ will honor the program’s eight graduating seniors prior to kick off. Henry Stutz, Bobby Barsic, Owen Azrak, Mason Brummett, Tyler Bell, Eoin Houlihan, Garret Leahy, and R.J. Place will be honored.
It the teams’ last meeting, the Crusaders and Black Knights played to a double-overtime 0-0 tie on Oct. 29, 2017. Stutz made four saves in the game
Things to Know About Holy Cross (2-9-4, 1-5-1 PL):
- Holy Cross hosts Army with a 1-4-2 record at Linda Johnson Smith Stadium.
- The Crusaders are led by freshman Simon Becher, who has 11 points on the season. Becher has tallied five goals and one assist.
- Max Krause also leads, with six points from two goals and two assists.
- Stutz has played every minute in net for Holy Cross. He averages 1.45 goals against and a .765 save percentage.
- The Crusaders average 0.93 goals per game and 1.60 goals against per game.
Things to Know About Army West Point (6-8-1, 3-4-0 PL):
- Army comes to Worcester with a 3-4-0 league mark.
- The Black Knights average 1.33 goals per game and 1.40 goals against per game.
- Army is led by Keenan O’Shea, who has played to nine goals and four assists for 22 points.
- Justin Stoll has played in 15 games for the Black Kinghts. Stoll holds a 1.36 goals against average and .704 save percentage.