Field Hockey Wraps Season Up at BU and Home Against Quinnipiac
Holy Cross (3-12-0, 2-3-0 PL)
vs. #24 Boston University (9-6-0, 5-0-0 PL)
& Quinnipiac (5-10-0, 1-5-0 BIG EAST)
|Date||Oct. 26 & 28, 2018|
|Time||6:00 p.m. & 12:00 p.m.|
|Live Stats||GoTerriers.com | GoHolyCross.com|
|Watch||Patriot League Network|
|Follow Us||Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross field hockey team will wrap up its season with a pair of games this weekend. First, the Crusaders will travel to Boston University for a Turnpike Trophy matchup on Friday, Oct. 26 at 6:00 p.m., followed by their Senior Day game on Sunday, Oct. 28 at 12:00 p.m. against Quinnipiac.
“We are disappointed that we were not able to perform in the ways we needed to in order to make the Patriot League tournament,” head coach Lindsay Jackson said. “However, we know this is our last week of practice and our final two games of the season and we are embracing them and approaching them with every bit of focus, hard work and enthusiasm that we have.
We started the week off strong and with a positive attitude to make this the best week possible for our seniors and this team, this group of people, because after Sunday it all changes. BU is our last patriot league game, and it will be challenging, we are ready for it. Then, we are closing the weekend and our season off with Quinnipiac and we will be honoring our Seniors on Sunday. We are striving for a great weekend.”
Things to know about Holy Cross (3-12-0, 2-3-0 PL):
- Senior Emily Loprete leads the Patriot Leauge in both goals and points with 11 and 23 respectively.
- Junior goalkeeper Marcia LaPlante leads the conference in both save percentage (.761) and saves per game (11.67). Across the entirety of Division I, she is first in saves per game and 14th in save percentage.
Things to know about Boston University (9-6-0, 5-0-0 PL):
- BU is led by Alisa Connolly’s 18 points from eight goals and two assists.
- Kathleen Keegan has started all 15 games in goal for the Terriers, posting a 1.84 goals against average and a .589 save percentage.
Things to know about Quinnipiac (5-10-0, 1-5-0 BIG EAST):
- Quinnipiac has three players tied for the team lead of 10 points, all from four goals and two assists.
- Hannah Teicher has started 13 of the Bobcats’ games in goal and has allowed 3.17 goals per game with a .591 save percentage.