Men's Hockey To Play At Bentley
The Crusaders will play one game against the Falcons on Oct. 26 at Bentley Arena at 7:00 p.m. It will be the first time Holy Cross will play at the new Bentley Arena. Parking is available in lot 22, located behind the Dana Center and is walking distance from the Arena. There is also paid parking available directly next to the new Bentley Arena.
- The Crusaders scored 14 goals in their first four games, averaging 3.50 goals per game.
- Amongst national rookies, Matt Barry is tied for third with 1.25 points per game. Barry has recorded five points with two goals and three assists.
- Johnny Coughlin averages 1.00 points per game and ranks 17th nationally.
- With four power play goals on the season, the Crusaders boast a 23.5% conversion rate on the man advantage opportunities.
- Holy Cross has seen a lot of depth throughout the lineup, having 17 different Crusaders already with at least one point through four games.
- In their last weekend of play, the Crusaders dropped two games in the North Country. On Friday Oct. 19, Holy Cross fell at St. Lawrence, 4-3. On Oct. 20, the Crusaders were edged by Clarkson, 3-1.
- Charlie Barrow led the Crusaders over the weekend, having scored two power play goals. Barrow doubled his career goals, having scored two goals in his career before the weekend.
- With the Crusaders diverse scoring, four players lead with two goals scored: Barry, Peter Crinella, Mitch Collett, and Barrow.
- Spencer Trapp added his first point of the 2018-19 season with an assist on Oct. 20 to hit 50 career points.
D is for Dangle
- Through four games seven defensemen have tallied at least one point and have scored four goals for Holy Cross.
- Johnny Coughlin leads the defensive core and ranks second on the team with four points on one goal and thee assists.
- Frank Boie, Charlie Barrow, and Matt Slick have recorded two points.
- Logan Milliken, Spencer Trapp, and Dalton Skelly have also added an assist on the young season.
- Through four games, eight freshman have seen significant ice time.
- In the Crusaders’ opening weekend against Canisius, Barry, Anthony Vincent, and Matt Slick earned their way onto the score sheet. Barry and Vincent tallied goals while Slick got his first collegiate point with an assist.
- On the road, Erkka Vänskä and Will Conley recorded their first collegiate points. Vänskä scored on Oct. 19 and Conley assisted on the play.
- Bentley has played three games in the 2018-19 season, for a 0-2-1 record and 0-1-1 AHA mark.
- Last weekend, the Falcons fell in overtime and tied American International.
- In non-conference play, Bentley played to a 1-0 loss against Merrimack.
- Alexey Solovyev leads with two goals and three players have recorded a team-best three points: Drew Callin, Tanner Jago, and Luke Santerno.
- The Falcons hold a 16.7% conversion rate on the power play and 73.3% success rate on the penalty kill.
- In goal, Aidan Pelino has played in each game for the Falcons. Pelino holds a .889 save percentage and 3.24 goals against average.
Last Season Against Bentley
- The Crusaders faced the Falcons early in the season (Oct. 20 and Oct. 21) and defeated Bentley in each game at the Hart Center.
- On Oct. 20, Holy Cross won 4-3 in overtime. Mitch Collett tallied a goal and an assist while Spencer Trapp added two assists.
- The Crusaders defeated Bentley, 5-0, on Oct. 20. Barrow and Coughlin led, each with two assists.
Recapping the 2017-2018 Season
- The Crusaders finished the 2017-2018 season with a 13-16-7 overall record and 12-10-6 mark in league play.
- Michael Laffin returns as the team’s leading scorer with 13 goals and 15 assists for 28 points.
- The Crusaders’ graduated their top two scorers.
- Only one goaltender saw time last season, Paul Berrafato, who the Crusaders also lost to graduation.
- Holy Cross averaged 2.69 goals per game and 2.78 goals against per game.
- The Crusaders have brought in eleven new faces to the 2018-19 roster.
- At forward, Berard has brought in: Conner Jean, Ryan Leibold, Matt Barry, Will Conley, Anthony Vincent, and Errka Vänskä.
- Barry and Conley both received honors from their respective junior leagues. Barry was selected to the All-USHL third team and Conley was selected to the AJHL North Division All-Star team.
- Bryce Dolan and Matt Slick join the defensive core.
- Erik Gordon looks to find a starting role in net.
- The Crusaders host the Friars on Nov. 3 at the Hart Center at 7:05 p.m.