Men's Soccer Readies For Loyola (Md.)
Holy Cross (2-7-4, 1-3-1 PL)
vs. Loyola (Md.) (8-3-1, 3-1-1 PL)
|Date||Oct. 20, 2018|
|Linda Johnson Smith Soccer Stadium|
|Last Meeting||Oct. 21, 2018 | L, 3-0|
|Series History||Holy Cross leads, 3-2-0|
|Follow Us||Twitter | Facebook | Instagram|
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross men’s soccer team will host Loyola (Md.) on Saturday, Oct. 20 at Linda Johnson Smith Stadium at 1:00 p.m. The game also marks the program’s annual Luke Dunivant game where the Luke Dunivant award is given out at half time.
In the Crusaders and Greyhounds last meeting, Holy Cross fell 3-0 in Baltimore. Henry Stutz made two saves in the game.
The Luke Dunivant Award was established in memory of former Holy Cross men’s soccer player Luke Dunivant, Class of 1997, who passed away in 2008 after a courageous battle with leukemia. Each year, the award is given to a member of the ream each year who, like Luke, has inspired others by displaying courage, commitment to the team and sportsmanship during his career. Past winners of the award are Peter Wholly (2009), Tom Van Grinsven (2010), Jordan Michael (2011), Pat McCann (2012), Monty Sanders (2013), Michael Thompson (2014), Eddie Gibbons (2015), Ryan Garvey (2016), and most recently Brad Ross (2017).
Things to Know About Holy Cross (2-7-4, 1-3-1 PL):
- Holy Cross hosts the Greyhounds with a 1-3-1 conference mark.
- The Crusaders have played 13 games in the 2018 season and eight have been decided by one goal.
- In their most recent outing, Holy Cross fell at American, 2-1. The Crusaders’ lone goal was scored by Tyler Bell.
- As a team, the Crusaders average 0.92 goals per game and 1.46 goals against.
- Henry Stutz remains a mainstay in goal for the Crusaders, with a 1.32 goals against average and .771 save percentage.
Things to Know About Loyola (8-3-1, 3-1-1 PL):
- Loyola comes to Worcester with a 3-1-1 conference mark and are holding second place in the Patriot League standings.
- The Greyhounds are averaging 1.92 goals per game and 0.67 goals against per game.
- Loyola is led by Brian Saramago, who has tallied seven goals and five assists for 19 points in 12 games.
- Chase Vosvick has played in 11 games in net for the Greyhounds, recording a 0.70 goals against average and 0.778 save percentage.