Men's Tennis Competes at Connecticut Invitational
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross men’s tennis team competed at the Connecticut Invitational this weekend. The tournament was a three-day event and had no team scoring.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Freshman Will Chen and sophomore Matthew Slowinski competed in Flight A singles. Chen lost his match 6-0, 4-6 (6-10) and Slowinski fell 0-6, 1-6.
- Alex Ruenhorst claimed a victory in Flight B singles, 6-1, 6-4, before falling in the second round, 4-6, 2-6.
- Senior Peter Campito also competed in Flight B, but lost 4-6, 0-6.
- Junior Matthew Murphy and senior Henry Harrs represented the Crusaders in Flight C, but both lost their matches. 1-6, 0-6 for Murphy and 1-6, 1-6 for Harrs.
- Senior Michael Varda and sophomore Matthew Fagan rounded out singles for Holy Cross in Flight D. Varda fell 1-6, 1-6 and Fagan 0-6, 3-6.
- In Flight A doubles the Crusaders sent teams of Chen and Ruenhorst as well as Slowinski and Campito. In Flight B Varda and Fagan teamed up as did Murphy and Harrs. The Crusaders didn’t claim any victories in doubles competition.
The team will travel to Eastern Nazarene on Tuesday, Sept. 25.