Crusaders Drop Two Games on Second Day of Stetson Invitational
DELAND, Fla. - The Holy Cross softball team dropped games against Tennessee-Martin and Manhattan at Stetson Invitational on March 10. The Crusades were defeated, 5-1, by the Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks. Sophomore Molly Neil had the lone run and senior Gabby Muniz had one RBI against the Skyhawks. In the second game of the day against Manhattan, the Crusaders lost 13-2. Freshman Alyssa Gutierrez and junior Taylor Wahler recorded one RBI each and sophomore Sydney Burr and freshman Bella Jankowski each recorded a run.
- Senior Taylor Moss singled to right field and Neil came to pinch run for Moss.
- Senior Savannah Young hit a sacrifice bunt to send Neil to second.
- Gutierrez grounded out to the pitched and Neil advanced to third.
- Muniz doubled down the infield line and recorded an RBI to send Neil home.
- Holy Cross started the game off with a run in the first inning.
- Moss singled to through the right side recording an RBI and sending Jankowski home.
- In the fourth, Burr singled up the middle, and Muniz grounded out on a sacrifice bunt and sent Burr to second.
- Gutierrez singled down the infield line and recorded an RBI to send Burr home.
- Senior Katy Watson pitched four innings and recorded four strikeouts.
- Junior Alexandra Held pitched two innings and recorded three strikeouts.
The Crusaders will finished the Stetson Invitational on Sunday, March 11 as they take on Manhattan at 10 a.m.