Women’s Tennis Wraps Up Fall Slate With Two Events
HOLY CROSS (0-4) vs. BRYANT (0-0)
Friday, Oct. 9, 2015 @ 3:30 PM
Worcester, Mass. (Sinnott Family Tennis Facility)
HOLY CROSS at URI DOUBLES CLASSIC
Saturday, Oct. 10, 2015 @ 9:00 AM
Kingston, R.I. (URI Tennis Complex)
The Holy Cross women’s tennis team will play two events this weekend to wrap up its 2015 fall campaign. On Friday, Oct. 9, the Crusaders will host Bryant in a non-conference dual match at 3:30 p.m. at the Sinnott Family Tennis Facility.
Holy Cross will then conclude the fall schedule the following day on Saturday, Oct. 10 with the URI Doubles Classic in Kingston, R.I. beginning at 9:00 a.m.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE CRUSADERS
- Holy Cross is 0-4 so far this season with losses to Assumption (6-3), Providence (7-0), Connecticut College (4-3) and Siena (7-0).
- The Crusaders, however, claimed the Grass Court Doubles Tournament championship on Sept. 19 at the International Tennis Hall of Fame in Newport, R.I. Click here to read the recap.
- In its last outing, Holy Cross participated in the Connecticut College Tournament on Oct. 4 in New London, Conn. To read the recap from the event, click here.
- Holy Cross freshman Jennifer Kary (Scarsdale, N.Y.) and Morgan McGuire (Franklin Lakes, N.J.) lead the team with 2-0 singles records this season. The duo of Kary and senior Cassy Deng (Eden Prairie, Minn.) are 2-0 in doubles action this year. To view the complete team stats page, click here.
SCOUTING THE BULLDOGS
- Bryant will play its first dual match of the 2015-2016 season when it travels to Worcester on Friday. The Bulldogs have played in two fall events – the Stony Brook Invitational (Sept. 11-12) and the Army Invitational (Sept. 24-27).
- The Bulldogs have won five straight over Holy Cross dating back to the Crusaders’ last victory over Bryant on March 28, 2009 (5-2). Last season, the Bulldogs topped the Crusaders, 7-0, on Sept. 20, 2014.
- Bryant posted a 9-8 overall record in dual matches in 2014-2015 and claimed the Northeast Conference championship and a trip to the NCAA Tournament.
- The 2016 spring schedule for the Holy Cross women’s tennis team will be announced at a later date.