2019 Patriot League Pitcher of the Week (5/7)
2019 NEIBA All-Star Game Selection
Patriot League All-Tournament Team (2018)
Patriot League Academic Honor Roll (2016, 2019)
Ranks seventh in program history with 163 career strikeouts
Ranks seventh in program history with 33 career starts
Ranks ninth in program history with 195.1 career innings pitched
- Posted a 2-9 record in 14 starts.
- Recorded a 5.94 ERA with 57 strikeouts in 69.2 innings pitched.
- Earned Patriot League Pitcher of the Week honors on May 7 after shutting out Lehigh on May 6, with seven hits, two walks and a career-high nine strikeouts over six innings pitched.
- Posted a Senior Day victory vs. Army, allowing three runs on four hits with five strikeouts on April 28.
- Selected to NEIBA All-Star Game.
- Named to Patriot League Academic Honor Roll.
- Appeared in 12 games making 12 starts as a pitcher
- Recorded a 3.22 ERA
- Went 2-6 on the season
- Tallied 57 strikeouts
- Pitched 72.2 innings
- Appeared in 16 games totaling 20.2 innings
- Made a pair of starts on the mound
- Tallied a 4.79 ERA
- Recorded 18 strikeouts
- Notched a season-high three strikeouts against Lehigh (4/9)
- Pitched 32.1 innings in 10 appearances with five starts on the season
- Threw 31 strikeouts for the year while posting a record of 1-1 with a pair of saves
- Held opponents to an overall batting average of .256.
- Made his collegiate debut against Hartford (3/29)
- Made his first career start against Dartmouth (4/6)
- Earned a win over Lehigh (4/11), allowing just a pair of runs through 6.1 innings pitched while throwing five strikeouts
- Tossed a season-high seven strikeouts against Lesley
- Posted saves in back-to-back games against Bucknell (4/23, 4/24)
- Named to the Patriot League Academic Honor Roll
- Played three seasons of varsity baseball under head coach Michael Schell at St. Sebastian's School in Needham, Mass.
- Served as team captain during senior season
- Named All-League in 2014 and 2015
- Received the Paul Lepley Award for Team Commitment as a senior
- Posted a 12-4 career pitching record with a 2.16 earned run average
- Recorded 196 career punchouts in 148 innings pitched
- Went 4-2 with a 2.81 earned run average as a senior
- Recorded a 6-0 record during junior year with a 1.23 earned run average and a career-high 75 strikeouts
- As a sophomore, went 2-2 with a 2.50 earned run average
- Played for North East Baseball club team under head coach Scott Patterson
- Club team won 2014 Northeast Baseball Tournament and Diamond Nation Championships
- Named to 2014 WWBA 17U All-Tournament Team
- Went 10-1 on club team with a 1.70 earned run average to go with 89 strikeouts
- Named to school's honor roll all four years.
- Son of Chris McGowan and Moira Smith
- Has two brothers (Eric and Christopher)
- Father played hockey at Boston College
- Brother (Eric) graduated from Holy Cross (Class of 2011)
- Psychology major.