Women's tennis comes up short at Assumption
Holy Cross Athletics 09-26-2019
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross women’s tennis team lost to Assumption, 7-0, Wednesday evening.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sophia Papa came the closest to earning a point for Holy Cross at No. 2 singles. She fell 4-6, 7-5, 7-10.
- Maddie DeNucci dropped her No. 1 singles match, 4-6, 5-7.
- Elizabeth Gibbons fell at No. 3 singles, 2-6, 3-6.
- Melissa Caiola, Eleanor Fulghum, and Sara Schmitt came up short in fourth, fifth, and sixth singles respectively.
- Assumption swept doubles competition to earn the shutout victory.
The Crusaders are complete their busy week Saturday, Sept. 28 at the Providence Invitational.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Women's Tennis
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Field Hockey vs. Lehigh Highlights (9/28/2019)
Field Hockey ALS Awareness 2019
Women's Soccer vs. Army/Senior Day Highlights (9/22/2019)