Women's cross country wins season opener vs. UNH, Providence
DURHAM, N.H. – The Holy Cross women’s cross country team placed won its season opener in a tri-meet with the University of New Hampshire and Providence College on Saturday, Aug. 31.
The Crusaders had 36 points in a tight race, ahead of second-place New Hampshire (44 points) and third-place Providence (45 points).
- Senior Jenna Gasparrini placed third in the five-kilometer race, running a time of 18:09.85.
- Senior Allison McArdle finished fifth in 18:39.06.
- Junior Elizabeth Graves was close behind in sixth place, running an 18:41.72.
- Freshman Eve Feuerbach impressed in her collegiate debut, placing seventh in a time of 18:48.14.
- Sophomore Michaela Halloran rounded out the scoring for the Crusaders, placing 15th in 19:34.60.
- Sophomore Emily Foley was 17th in a time of 19:39.55.
- Junior Claire Hanlon placed 18th, finishing the course in 19:41.15.
- Senior Allie Christian ran a time of 19:50.64 to place 20th.
- Sophomore Emily Koufos was 21st, clocking in at 19:53.54.
- Freshman Bella Corsini finished in 22nd in her first collegiate race, finishing under 20 minutes in a time of 19:58.56.
- Sophomore Paige Davis (20:05.99), junior Gabrielle Gioia (20:09.04), sophomore Jackie Harrington (20:10.97), sophomore Grace Hoelscher (20:12.44), junior Alyson Walsh (20:13.20) and junior Sophia Haywood (20:16.89) finished in 25th through 30th place.
- Junior Mackenzie Jordan (32nd, 20:22.37), sophomore Katie Cass (33rd, 20:26.81), sophomore Sophia Maynard (35th, 20:58.11) senior Deana Pileika (37th, 21:05.75) junior Cricket Richter (38th, 21:24.75) and freshman Alyssa Nee (39th, 21:36.52) rounded out the Crusader contingent.
- Holy Cross will compete at the National Catholic Invitational on Sept. 20.