Before Holy Cross:
- Two-year varsity member of cross country and track and field teams at Bergen Catholic under Bill Leonard.
- Team captain for cross country in 2018.
- Earned first team all-conference and third team all-county selections during senior cross country season, while earning second team all-conference honors as a junior.
- Cross country team won Big North and county group championships.
- Owns 5K personal record of 16:52.
- During senior indoor season, earned first team all-county honors for 4x800m relay and second team all-conference honors for 800m.
- Team won indoor conference and county championships.
- Indoor personal bests include 52.6 in 400m and 2:01.6 in 800m.
- Won state outdoor group and sectional championships in 4x800m relay as a senior.
- Outdoor first team all-conference and first team all-state selection in 4x800m relay during senior year.
- Won individual outdoor conference title in 800 meters and named first team all-conference as a senior.
- Outdoor personal bests include 51.15 in 400m, 1:56.7 in 800m and 4:35.2 in 1600m.
- Named to Bergen Catholic Principal’s List as a junior and senior.
- Member of National Honor Society.
- Son of Mark and Kathy Welch.
- Has two brothers (Aidan and Ryan).
- Plans to major in political science at Holy Cross, with aspirations of working in law.