Before Holy Cross:
- Member of varsity indoor and outdoor track and field teams at Arlington under Stephen Arnett.
- Two-time All-League, All-County and All-Section selection for indoor track in 2018 and 2019.
- Named All-State selection in 2019 for indoor track.
- Helped lead team to three straight league and county indoor championships between 2017 and 2019.
- Team won section championship for indoor season in 2019.
- Part of 4x800 meter team that placed fourth at NYS championship meet in 2019.
- Indoor personal bests include 2:37.33 in 1,000m and a 2:00.11 800m split.
- Won team’s Coaches Award for indoor season in 2018 and outdoor season in 2019.
- Two-time All-League, All-County and All-Section selection for outdoor track in 2018 and 2019.
- Named All-State selection in 2019 for outdoor track.
- Helped lead team to four straight league and county outdoor championships between 2016 and 2019.
- Team also won outdoor section championship in 2019.
- Part of 4x800 meter relay team that placed third at NYS outdoor championship and 11th at New Balance Nationals in 2019.
- Outdoor personal bests include 4:30.79 in mile and 1:59.05 in 800m split.
- Played three varsity seasons of soccer as a center back under Craig Sanborn, serving as team captain in 2018.
- All-League selection in 2017 and 2018.
- Team won league titles in 2016 and 2017.
- Member of National Honor Society and Italian Honor Society.
- Son of Thomas and Cindy VanDermark.
- Father played basketball at SUNY Geneseo.
- Has one brother (Jake) and one sister (Brianna).
- Major is undecided.