Thornhill Breaks Hurdles Record for Men's Track at Home Meet
Holy Cross Athletics 04-23-2019
The Holy Cross men’s track and field team hosted Fitchburg State, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Worcester State on Tuesday, April 23 at the Hart Center Track.
- Senior Brandon Thornhill broke his own school record in the 110 meter hurdles, posting a time of 14.42 seconds, an IC4A mark.
- A trio of Holy Cross freshmen took three of the top four spots in the 800 meter run. Corey Kumamoto won the event in a time of 1:55.95, while Will Hornyak was second in a time of 1:56.05. Joseph Leland placed fourth in a personal-best time of 1:56.93.
- Sophomore Michael Pichay swept the long jump (7.04 meters) and triple jump (13.75 meters), recording a personal best in the former. Senior Sawyer Badey came in fourth place in the triple jump with a leap of 12.19 meters.
- Sophomore Dan Dempsey matched a personal record in the high jump, finishing in second place at 1.95 meters.
- Sophomore Gabe Piepergerdes came in second in the 400 meter hurdles in a time of 54.03 seconds. Thornhill was close behind in third place in a time of 54.49 seconds.
- Junior Garrett Fortin was third in the 200 meter dash, clocking in at 22.56 seconds.
- Freshman TJ Duggan placed third in the pole vault, clearing 3.95 meters.
- Junior Bobby Tuzzio placed fourth in the 1,500 meter run in a time of 4:07.10.
- Holy Cross will head to Stonehill for the Skyhawk Invitational on Saturday, April 27.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Men's Track & Field
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Holy Cross Athletics Moments: 2018-19
2019 Baseball Patriot League Semifinal Hype
Softball vs. Lafayette Highlights (5/4/2019)