Rasmus Breaks 400 Hurdles Record at Holy Cross Invite
Holy Cross Athletics 04-20-2019
WORCESTER, Mass. -- The Holy Cross women’s track and field team hosted the Holy Cross Invitational on Saturday, April 20.
- Senior Lauren Rasmus broke the Holy Cross record in the 400 meter hurdles, running an ECAC-qualifying time of 1:00.88, the 45th-fastest time in the Division I East Region this season. Sophomore Riemke Bouvier placed third in the event at 1:05.47, a personal best.
- Sophomore Christa Jay Moore had an ECAC-qualifying performance of 3.80 meters in her victory in the pole vault.
- Sophomore Abbie Mokwuah won the shot put with an ECAC-qualifying mark of 13.64 meters. Freshman Jordyn Shubrick placed third in the event with a personal best of 12.13 meters.
- Seniors Alexandra Curtin (12.11 seconds) and Sarah Friess (12.41 seconds) had a 1-2 finish in the 100 meter dash, both meeting New England-qualifying standards. Junior Allie Smiley placed fifth in the event, clocking in at 12.59 seconds.
- Sophomore Marina MacKinnon (2:12.22) and freshman Grace Hoelscher (2:14.68) both had personal bests and New England-qualifying times in the 800 meters, finishing first and second. Sophomore Madalyne Buco placed sixth in a personal-record time of 2:20.18.
- Sophomore Elizabeth Graves won the 5,000 meter run in a New England-qualifying time and personal best of 17:26.14, while junior Jenna Gasparrini was runner-up with a New England-qualifying finish of 17:38.26.
- Junior Allison McArdle won the 1500 meter run in a time of 4:42.82, while freshman Emily Koufos was second, clocking in at 4:47.06. Sophomore Claire Hanlon placed fifth in a time of 4:56.00.
- Smiley won the long jump with a mark of 5.50 meters, while Curtin placed second with the same distance. Freshman Eva McCool-Guglielmo finished in fourth place (5.40 meters).
- McCool-Guglielmo won the triple jump with a top leap of 11.27 meters.
- Sophomore Caitlin Tzimorotas placed second and qualified for New Englands with a personal-best time of 11:25.52 in the 3,000 meter steeplechase. Sophomore Sophia Haywood was fifth in the event in a time of 11:48.85.
- Junior Caroline Frey placed fourth in the 400 meter dash in a New England-qualifying time and personal best of 57.02 seconds. Freshman Kelsey O'Hara placed sixth and had a personal best of 58.72 seconds.
- Junior Morgan Sanders placed fifth in the 100 meter hurdles with a New England-qualifying time and season best of 14.87 seconds.
- Sophomore Sydney McDonald was the third-place finisher in the high jump at 1.63 meters, a season best.
- Mokwuah finished fourth in the discus with a mark of 36.42 meters.
- The 4x100 meter relay team of Curtin, Friess, Smiley and senior Isabella DiMare placed first with an ECAC-qualifying time of 47.28 seconds.
- The Crusaders will compete at the Stonehill Skyhawk Invitational on April 27.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Women's Track & Field
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Holy Cross Athletics Moments: 2018-19
2019 Baseball Patriot League Semifinal Hype
Softball vs. Lafayette Highlights (5/4/2019)