Hurdlers Lead Men's Track and Field at Holy Cross Invite
Holy Cross Athletics 04-20-2019
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross men’s track and field team hosted the Holy Cross Invitational on Saturday, April 20.
- Sophomore Gabe Piepergerdes won the 400 meter hurdles in an IC4A-qualifying time of 52.94 seconds, a personal best in the event. Junior Freddie Halloran placed fifth in the event with a New England-qualifying mark of 55.18 seconds.
- Senior Brandon Thornhill won the 110 meter hurdles, clocking in at an IC4A-qualifying 14.59 seconds.
- Sophomore Michael Pichay placed first in the long jump, posting a New England-qualifying leap of 6.97 meters.
- Freshman Joseph Leland finished second in the 1,500 meter run in a personal-best time of 4:00.98, the best time in the event by a Crusader this season.
- Junior Garrett Fortin was fourth in the 100 meters in a personal-best time of 11.06 seconds.
- Sophomore Dan Dempsey placed fourth in the high jump (1.85 meters), while senior Myles Connor was sixth (1.80 meters).
- Senior Sawyer Badey finished fourth in the triple jump with a leap of 12.63 meters.
- Freshman Corey Kumamoto placed fifth in the 800 meter run (1:55.58), while fellow rookie Will Hornyak was close behind in sixth (1:55.85).
- Senior Liam Campbell was fifth in the hammer with a throw of 40.61 meters.
- Senior Myles Connor earned a fifth-place finish in the javelin (49.47 meters).
- Senior Tom Chiappini placed sixth in both the discus (39.18 meters) and shot put (12.72 meters).
- The 4x400 meter relay team of Piepergerdes, Kumamoto, Halloran and Hornyak finished second in a time of 3:20.63.
- The Crusaders will host a quad meet on Tuesday, April 23 with New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Worcester State.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Men's Track & Field
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Holy Cross Athletics Moments: 2018-19
2019 Baseball Patriot League Semifinal Hype
Softball vs. Lafayette Highlights (5/4/2019)