Men's Track and Field Competes at Ocean State Invitational
Holy Cross Athletics 04-13-2019
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island -- The Holy Cross men’s track and field team competed at the Ocean State Invitational on Friday, April 12 and Saturday, March 13.
- Senior Myles Connor won the javelin with a throw of 50.32 meters.
- Senior Brandon Thornhill placed third in the 110 meter hurdles in an IC4A-qualifying time of 14.90 seconds. Senior Alexander Escada placed fifth in a time of 15.79 seconds.
- Junior Garrett Fortin placed fourth in the 100 meters, clocking in at 11.34 seconds.
- Sophomore Dan Dempsey placed third in the high jump, clearing 1.85 meters.
- Sophomore Russell Abbott was third in the long jump with a mark of 6.29 meters. Sophomore Jordan Alloway placed sixth with a mark of 6.11 meters.
- Senior Sawyer Badey had a fifth-place finish and leap of 12.38 meters in the triple jump.
- Junior Jacob Newton placed sixth in the 400 meters, clocking in at 52.21. Escada was close behind in seventh placing in a time of 52.24.
- Thornhill also placed seventh in the 400 meter hurdles in a time of 56.14 seconds.
- Senior Tom Chiappini was fifth in the discus at 38.36 meters, while his classmate, Liam Campbell, placed seventh at 34.29 meters. Freshman Sean Fitzpatrick was eighth with a mark of 33.42 meters.
- Campbell had an eighth-place finish in the hammer at 39.42 meters.
- The Crusaders are set to host the Holy Cross Invitational on April 20.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Men's Track & Field
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Field Hockey vs. Lehigh Highlights (9/28/2019)
Field Hockey ALS Awareness 2019
Women's Soccer vs. Army/Senior Day Highlights (9/22/2019)