Women's Track and Field Competes at Ocean State Invitational
Holy Cross Athletics 04-13-2019
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island -- The Holy Cross women’s track and field team competed at the Ocean State Invitational on Friday, April 12 and Saturday, March 13.
- Sophomore Abbie Mokwuah won the shot put with an ECAC-qualifying mark of 13.92 meters. Freshman Jordyn Shubrick placed seventh in the event with a personal best of 12.06 meters.
- Sophomore Christa Jay Moore won the pole vault with a New England-qualifying vault of 3.65 meters.
- The Crusaders had three finish in the top six of the 100 meter dash. Senior Alexandra Curtin placed third with a New England-qualifying time of 12.31 seconds in the finals, while senior Sarah Friess was fourth with a New England-qualifying time of 12.51 seconds. Junior Allie Smiley placed sixth in a time of 12.64 seconds.
- Senior Isabella DiMare placed second in the 400 meter hurdles, clocking in at a New England-qualifying pace of 1:03.64. Sophomore Riemke Bouvier was fourth in a personal-best time of 1:05.61, and junior Mimi Liebers was fifth in 1:05.72.
- Junior Taylor Gensler placed third in the 100 meter hurdles in a time of 14.95 seconds, which qualified her for New Englands. Junior Morgan Sanders placed fourth, finishing in 15.25 seconds.
- Sophomore Elizabeth Graves was third in the 3,000 meters with a personal-best time of 10:11.72.
- Gensler was fourth in the triple jump, leaping 11.16 meters. Junior Jillian Purtell was close behind in fifth, posting a mark of 10.47 meters.
- Senior Lauren Rasmus placed eighth in the 200 meters with a personal best of 25.50 seconds, a New England-qualifying time. Junior Caroline Frey also had a personal record of 25.75 seconds, good for 11th place.
- The 4x100 meter relay team of DiMare, Curtin, Smiley and Friess placed second with an ECAC-qualifying time of 47.06 seconds.
- Mokwuah had a third-place finish in the hammer at 41.12 meters, while Shubrick placed eighth at 36.06 meters.
- Junior Emily Grinnell was fifth in the javelin at 29.30 meters.
- Senior Victoria Attaya placed seventh in the discus with a mark of 35.75 meters, while Mokwuah was eighth at 33.56 meters.
- The Crusaders are set to host the Holy Cross Invitational on April 20.
MORE FROM HOLY CROSS Women's Track & Field
HOLY CROSS VIDEOLaunch Player
Holy Cross Athletics Moments: 2018-19
2019 Baseball Patriot League Semifinal Hype
Softball vs. Lafayette Highlights (5/4/2019)