Men's Tennis Wraps Play at West Point with Losses to Lafayette, Loyola
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross men’s tennis team finished its weekend of competition with matches against Lafayette and Loyola. The Crusaders fell to Lafayette, 4-3, and to Loyola, 4-0.
- The Crusaders claimed the point from doubles with Will Chen and Alexander Ruenhorst taking No. 2 doubles, 7-6 (7-5), and Henry Harrs and Matthew Murphy winning No. 3 doubles, 6-2.
- Chen also won No. 1 singles, 2-6, 6-2, 6-2.
- Harrs took No. 5 singles, 6-2, 6-2.
- The Leopards won No. 2, 3, 4, and 6 singles to take the team victory.
- The Greyhounds earned four points to take the team victory by winning two doubles matches as well as No. 3, 4, and 5 singles.
- Chen and Ruenhorst were tied in their No. 2 doubles match, 6-6, but it was not finished with the overall outcome already decided.
- Chen was also winning his No. 1 singles match, 7-5, 3-1, but this match was also not finished.
The Crusaders will take on Franklin Pierce this Thursday at 4 p.m.