Men's Swimming and Diving Takes Second at Worcester City Championship
WORCESTER, Mass. – The Holy Cross men’s swimming and diving team took second place at the Worcester City Championship Saturday evening. The Crusaders finished with a team score of 822 points. WPI won the meet with a score of 1,167.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Crusaders finished the two-day event with five top two finishes, two of those being first place results.
- Steve Tierney claimed for first place victories for the Crusaders with a 1:57.03 in the 200 fly and a 51.10 in the 100 fly. The 200 fly time was a meet record.
- Sam Devine came in second place in the one meter dive with a score of 280.05.
- A team of Tierney, Nathan Kramer, Ben Fox, and Ben Vesey came in second in the 800 free relay with a time of 7:18.92.
- Mack Sullivan, Kevin Lagasse, Vesey, and Tierney teamed up to take second place in the 400 free relay.
The Crusaders will take on Manhattan on Saturday, Nov. 3 in Fairfield, Conn.