November 19, 2013
Women's Cross Country To Race At ECAC Championship
Scoreboard: 24th of 37, NCAA Northeast Regional, Bronx, N.Y., 11/15
Schedule: Saturday, Nov. 23 at ECAC Championship, Bronx, N.Y., 9:30 a.m.
- This Saturday, Nov. 23, the women's cross country team will wrap up its season at the ECAC Championship in Bronx, N.Y. The race is scheduled to begin at 9:30 a.m.
- The Crusaders sent seniors Emily Hughes (Milton, Mass.), Sandra van den Heuvel (Nashua, N.H.) and Amanda Waldron (Walpole, Mass.), sophomore Caroline Carley (Barrington, Ill.) and freshmen Caroline Carr (Ridgefield, Conn.), Rachel Sowinski (Mountain Top, Pa.) and Mary Welsh (Manhasset, N.Y.) to the NCAA Northeast Regional on Nov. 15.
- Last season, the Crusaders finished 31st at the NCAA Northeast Regional, as Hughes led the team against some of the best competition in the region. Hughes crossed the finish line in 120th place of 252 runners. This season was an improvement for both the Crusaders and Hughes. The Crusaders finished in 24th place out of 37 teams, and were once again led by senior Emily Hughes. Hughes crossed the finish line of the 6K course in 81st place with a time of 22:03:60.
- Carley finished the race in 139th place with a time of 22:45:00 and Waldron posted a time of 23:01:70 for 162nd place. Freshmen Welsh and Carr finished back-to-back with times of 23:03.40 (164th) and 23:05.70 (165th). Freshman Sowinski and senior Sandra van den Heuvel also finished back-to-back crossing the finish line with times of 23:10:70 (169th) and 23:11:70 (170th).
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's cross country team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.