Scoreboard: 7th of 10, Patriot League Championship, Easton, Pa., 11/2
Schedule: Friday, Nov. 15 at NCAA Northeast Regional, Bronx, N.Y., 10:00 a.m.
- Select members of the Holy Cross women's cross country team will return to action on Friday, Nov. 15, at the NCAA Northeast Regional in Van Cortlandt Park in Bronx, N.Y. The race is scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m. The Crusaders will send seniors Emily Hughes (Milton, Mass.), Sandra van den Heuvel (Nashua, N.H.) and Amanda Waldron (Walpole, Mass.), sophomore Caroline Carley (Barrington, Ill.) and freshmen Caroline Carr (Ridgefield, Conn.), Rachel Sowinski (Mountain Top, Pa.) and Mary Welsh (Manhasset, N.Y.).
- Last season, the Crusaders finished 31st at the NCAA Northeast Regional, as Hughes led the team against some of the best completion in the region. Hughes crossed the finish line in 120th place of 252 runners.
- Holy Cross is coming off a seventh place finish at the Patriot League Championship in Easton, Pa., hosted by Lafayette. Hughes once again led the HC field across the finish line, taking 17th of 101 runners. Carley, Carr and Welsh also finished in the top half of the field. Conference newcomer Boston University won the team competition with 47 points, followed by Lehigh (57) and Navy (81).
- Welsh remains the only Crusader thus far this season to receive league recognition for her performance. She was named M-F Athletic Patriot League Cross Country Rookie of the Week for her performance at the New England Championship (10/12). Welsh was the top freshman finisher for the Crusaders, taking 82nd at 18:56. This was the first league recognition for Welsh.
- The Crusaders have raced in seven events this season including last weekend's Patriot League Championship. Qualifying members of the team may also compete in the ECAC Championship on Nov. 23.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's cross country team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.