Scoreboard: 1st of 45, Paul Short Invitational, Bethlehem, Pa., 10/5
Schedule: Saturday, Oct. 12 at New England Championship, Boston, Mass., 11:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross women's cross country team will return to the course on Saturday, Oct. 12, at the New England Championship at Franklin Park in Boston, Mass. The women's varsity 5K race is scheduled to begin at 12:30 p.m.
- Last season, the Crusaders finished 16th of 37 teams at the New England Championship as senior Emily Hughes (Milton, Mass.) finished 27th of 251 runners with a time of 18:01.28 in the 5K race. Sophomore Caroline Carley (Barrington, Ill.) also posted a top-100 finish, taking 97th with a time of 18:55.11.
- This will be the 101st running of the New England Championship. Women began competing the in the event starting in 1982. The race is organized by the New England Intercollegiate Amateur Athletic Association (NEICAAA), which is made up of 67 colleges and universities throughout the six New England states.
- Holy Cross is coming off a first place finish of 45 teams in the Brown 5K Race at the Paul Short Invitational. All seven HC runners finished in the top-100 of the 365 participating student-athletes. The Crusaders finished ahead of rival Patriot League schools Colgate, Loyola (Md.) and Lafayette. Hughes led the team with an 11th place finish and earned GoHolyCross.com Crusader of the Week accolades. She finished with a time of 22:08.
- The Crusaders are scheduled to run in four more races this fall, including the Patriot League Championship on Nov. 2 in Easton, Pa., hosted by Lafayette. Qualifying members of the team may also compete at the NCAA Northeast Regional on Nov. 15 and ECAC Championship on Nov. 23.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's cross country team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.