Scoreboard: 6th of 11, National Catholic Championship, South Bend, Ind., 9/20
9th of 29, UMass Dartmouth Invitational, North Dartmouth, Mass., 9/21
Schedule: Saturday, Oct. 5 at Paul Short Invitational, Bethlehem, Pa., 10:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross women's cross country team will have a weekend off before returning to action on Saturday, Oct. 5, at the Paul Short Invitational in Bethlehem, Pa., hosted by Lehigh. The race is scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m.
- Last season, the Crusaders participated in the 6K Gold Race against some of the best competition in Division I and finished in 37th place as a team. Individually, senior Emily Hughes (Milton, Mass.) was the top Crusader finisher, taking 131st place with a time of 22:22. Fellow classmates Amanda Waldron (Walpole, Mass.) and Sandra van den Heuvel (Nashua, N.H.) finished just behind Hughes with times of 22:37 and 23:33, respectively.
- The Crusaders split up last weekend to travel to two separate meets. Select members made the trip to South Bend, Ind. for the National Catholic Championship (9/20), hosted by Notre Dame. Hughes took the top HC spot at this race with a 22nd place finish and time of 18:23.40. Other team members participated in the UMass Dartmouth Invitational where sophomore Cassie Gildea (Milford, Conn.) finished13th at 19:07.90.
- The Crusaders are scheduled to run in five more races this fall, including the Patriot League Championship on Nov. 2 in Easton, Pa., hosted by Lafayette. Qualifying members of the team may also compete at the NCAA Northeast Regional on Nov. 15 and ECAC Championship on Nov. 23.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's cross country team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.