Scoreboard: 3rd of 3, at New Hampshire with Providence, Durham, N.H., 8/31
Schedule: Saturday, Sept. 7 at Nassaney Invitational, Smithfield, R.I., 10:00 a.m.
- The Holy Cross women's cross country team will return to action on Saturday, Sept. 7, at the Nassaney Invitational hosted by Bryant in Smithfield, R.I. at 10:00 a.m.
- The Crusaders last ran at Bryant on Sept. 10, 2011 as current junior Abigail Mitchell (Manchester, N.H.) led the squad with the top Holy Cross finish.
- Holy Cross is coming off a third place finish at New Hampshire with Providence. The Crusaders were led by senior Amanda Waldron (Walpole, Mass.) who registered a career-fasted 5k time of 18:10. Waldron finished 11th of 48 runners. Fellow classmate Emily Hughes (Milton, Mass.), who was the top Crusader team finisher in all six of the races she participated in last season, finished just behind Waldron in 12th place with a time of 18:13.
- The Crusaders are scheduled to run in eight more races this fall, including the Patriot League Championship on Nov. 2 in Easton, Pa., hosted by Lafayette. Qualifying members of the team may also compete at the NCAA Northeast Regional on Nov. 15 and ECAC Championship on Nov. 23.
- Select members of the team will travel to the 30th annual National Catholic Championship on Sept. 20 hosted by Notre Dame in South Bend, Ind. Holy Cross and the Fighting Irish will be the only two schools in the country to have participated in this event all 30 years of its existence.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross women's cross country team sent directly to your email. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.