Scoreboard: 5th of
7, Murray Keatinge Invitational, Orono, Maine, 10/3
Schedule: Saturday, Oct. 10, at New England Championship, Boston, Mass., 12:30 p.m.
- The Holy Cross women's cross country team continues its season Saturday, Oct. 10, at the New England Championship in Boston, Mass. The event is scheduled to begin at 12:00 p.m. Last year the Crusaders finished 12th of 45.
- The Crusaders took fifth place at the Murray Keatinge Invitational in Orono, Maine on Oct. 3. For the third time this season and ninth in her career, sophomore Paige Sutherland (Groveland, Mass.) was the top Holy Cross performer. She finished 14th with a time of 17:58.16 in the 5k. Sutherland's sub-18 minute time was the first of her career as a Crusader.
- Junior Jacqueline Imse (Simsbury, Conn.) finished the race in 32nd with a time of 18:43.66. Last year she ran the 5k in 19:09.72 and came in 41st. Sophomore Sarah Mellea (North Arlington, N.J.) finished 38th on Saturday with a time of 18:59.41, an improvement of 28 seconds over her finish last year.
- Boston College finished with five runners in the top 10 to take the overall title at the Murray Keatinge Invitational. Holy Cross finished in fifth place with 122 points, 19 behind Dalhouise and 65 ahead of Robert Morris.
- After the New England Championship, the Crusaders have a week off before the Central Connecticut Mini-Meet on Saturday, Oct. 24, in New Britain, Conn.