Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 7-21 (2-14 PL); Last Week: 0-2
Scoreboard: Lafayette 3, Holy Cross 0, Easton, Pa., 11/15
Navy 3, Holy Cross 0, Annapolis, Md., 11/16
- The Holy Cross volleyball team (7-21 overall, 2-14 Patriot League) has concluded the 2013 season. The Crusaders' 1.68 service aces per set are second in the Patriot League and 12th nationally. Senior Alex Aycock (Jonesboro, Ark.) concluded her four-year career as she was a part of 32 wins during her career which are the most by a senior class since the 2004 class posted 33 victories. Aycock's career statistics consist of 343 kills, 175 digs and 48 blocks. Her 343 kills are the most of any current player on the team and her career-best 2.08 kills per game ranked third this season.
- Freshman Katie McKernan (Sylvania, Ohio) is ranked first in the Patriot League and 10th nationally with 0.48 aces per set which are also ninth all-time for a season in program history. She also had a team-best eight double-doubles this season.
- Freshman Emily Popp (Clarkston, Mich.) is ranked fourth in the Patriot League and 91st nationally with 4.56 digs per set. She tallied double-digit digs 24 times this season. Her 4.56 digs per set are ranked second all-time for a season in program history, finishing behind Katie Lynch's 4.57 digs per set in 1999 as both Lynch and Popp are the only two Crusaders to ever average over four digs per set for a season. Her 429 digs are third all-time behind Lynch's 430 in 1999 and Angela Chisholm's 442 in 2010.
- Junior Hannah Grace Stokes (Atlanta, Ga.) has 1,426 career assists which are seventh all-time in program history. This season she is ranked fourth in the Patriot League and 20th nationally with 0.43 aces per set.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross volleyball team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.