Overall: 7-17 (2-10 PL); Last Week: 0-1
Scoreboard: Colgate 3, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 11/3
Schedule: Friday, Nov. 8 vs. Loyola (Md.), Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 9 vs. American, Worcester, Mass., 4:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross volleyball team (7-17 overall, 2-10 Patriot League) will return to action with a Patriot League match against Loyola (Md.) on Friday, Nov. 8 at the Holy Cross Field House at 7:00 p.m. The Crusaders will hold their second annual "Professor Appreciation Night" at the match. The Crusaders will then host American on Saturday, Nov. 9 at 4:00 p.m. for Senior Day as senior Alex Aycock (Jonesboro, Ark.) will be honored before the match for her dedication to the team-on and off the court-over the past four years. Loyola (Md.) is 5-19 overall and 2-10 in the Patriot League. The Crusaders fell to the Greyhounds by a 3-1 score early this season on Oct. 5. American is 24-2 overall and 10-1 in the Patriot League. The Crusaders lost to the Eagles, 3-0, this season on Oct. 4. The Crusaders are 0-26 all-time versus American.
- The Crusaders' 1.60 aces per set are third in the Patriot League and 28th nationally. Junior Hannah Grace Stokes (Atlanta, Ga.) is ranked third in the Patriot League and 29th nationally with 0.41 aces per set.
- Freshman Emily Popp (Clarkston, Mich.) is ranked third in the Patriot League and 88th nationally with 4.51 digs per set. Her 4.51 digs per set are also currently ranked second all-time for a season in school history. She has tallied double-digit digs 20 times this season. Her 365 digs this season are tied for seventh all-time for a season in program history and are the most ever by a Crusader freshman.
- Freshman Katie McKernan (Sylvania, Ohio) is ranked seventh in the Patriot League with 7.19 assists per set and fourth in the Patriot League with 0.41 aces per set. She is 32nd nationally in aces per set. She has a team-best seven double-doubles this season.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross volleyball team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.