Crusaders To Play Home-And-Home With Army
Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 7-12 (2-5 PL); Last Week: 1-2
Scoreboard: Bryant 3, Holy Cross 2, Smithfield, R.I., 10/8
Navy 3, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 10/11
Holy Cross 3, Lafayette 0, Worcester, Mass., 10/12
Schedule: Tuesday, Oct. 15 at Army, West Point, N.Y., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 19 vs. Army, Worcester, Mass., 4:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross volleyball team (7-12 overall, 2-5 Patriot League) will return to action when it plays two straight matches versus Patriot League opponent Army. The match on Tuesday, Oct. 15 will be in West Point, N.Y., while the Crusaders will host the Black Knights at the Holy Cross Field House on Saturday, Oct. 19 at 4:00 p.m. Army is 9-8 overall and 6-1 in the Patriot League. Holy Cross has lost 14 straight matches to Army. The Crusaders' last win over the Black Knights was a 3-2 victory on Nov. 12, 2005 in Worcester.
- The Crusaders' 1.56 aces per set are second in the Patriot League and 31st nationally. Junior Hannah Grace Stokes (Atlanta, Ga.) is ranked first in the Patriot League and 22nd nationally with 0.45 aces per set.
- Freshman Emily Popp (Clarkston, Mich.) is ranked fifth in the Patriot League and 68th nationally with 4.58 digs per set. She has tallied double-digit digs 16 times this season.
- Freshman Katie McKernan (Sylvania, Ohio) is ranked seventh in the Patriot League with 7.42 assists per set. She is also ninth in the league with 0.34 aces per set. She has a team-best five double-doubles this season.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross volleyball team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.