Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 6-6 (1-1 PL); Last Week: 2-1
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 3, Quinnipiac 0, Worcester, Mass., 9/18
Holy Cross 3, Bucknell 0, Worcester, Mass., 9/20
Lehigh 3, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 9/21
Schedule: Wednesday, Sept. 25 vs. Central Connecticut, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 28 at Colgate, Hamilton, N.Y., 4:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross volleyball team (6-6 overall, 1-1 Patriot League) will return to action on Wednesday, Sept. 25, when it hosts Central Connecticut at the Holy Cross Field House at 7:00 p.m. The match can be seen free of charge on Crusader Vision. Go here to watch the match. CCSU is 8-5 overall this season. Last year, Central Connecticut defeated the Crusaders by a 3-0 on Sept. 1 and a 3-2 score on Sept. 8. The Crusaders will then continue Patriot League action when they travel to Hamilton, N.Y. on Saturday, Sept. 28 to take on defending Patriot League champion Colgate at 4:00 p.m. The Raiders are 7-5 overall this season and will play their first Patriot League match of the season on Friday, Sept. 27 versus Army. Last season, the Raiders won both contests versus Holy Cross by a 3-0 score.
- The Crusaders' 6-6 record is their best start to a season since going 9-3 in 2001.The team's 2.02 blocks per set and 1.54 aces per set are third in the Patriot League.
- Freshman Natalie Welsch (Eden Prairie, Minn.) leads the team and is seventh in the Patriot League with 2.93 kills per set. She has totaled double-digit kills four times this season including a season-best 22 kills versus Bryant on Sept. 14.
- Freshman Emily Popp (Clarkston, Mich.) leads the team and is ranked third in the Patriot League with 4.53 digs per set. She is also ranked 75th nationally in digs per set. She has tallied double-digit digs nine times this season.
- Freshman Katie McKernan (Sylvania, Ohio) is ranked seventh in the Patriot League with 6.93 assists per set. She has a team-best four double-doubles this season. Junior Kamele Shizuru (Kailua, Hawaii) is seventh in the Patriot League with 0.83 blocks per set, while junior Hannah Grace Stokes (Atlanta, Ga.) is third in the league and 50th nationally with 0.44 aces per set.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross volleyball team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.