Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 4-5 (0-0 PL); Last Week: 2-2
Scoreboard: Holy Cross 3, Hartford 0, West Hartford, Conn., 9/10
Brown 3, Holy Cross 0, Providence, R.I., 9/13
Eastern Michigan 3, Holy Cross 0, Providence, R.I., 9/14
Holy Cross 3, Bryant 2, Providence, R.I., 9/14
Schedule: Wednesday, Sept. 18 vs. Quinnipiac, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 20 vs. Bucknell, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 21 vs. Lehigh, Worcester, Mass., 2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross volleyball team (4-5) will return to action on Wednesday, Sept. 18, when it hosts Quinnipiac at the Holy Cross Field House at 7:00 p.m. The Crusaders will then start the Patriot League season at home versus Bucknell on Friday, Sept. 20 at 7:00 p.m. and on Saturday, Sept. 21 versus Lehigh at 2:00 p.m. All three matches can be seen free of charge on Crusader Vision. Go here to watch the matches. Quinnipiac is 2-8 overall so far this season. Bucknell is 6-3 overall and Lehigh is 8-3 overall. The Crusaders defeated Quinnipiac, 3-0, on Aug. 27, 2010 in the last meeting between the teams. Last season, Holy Cross went 1-1 versus Bucknell and 0-2 versus Lehigh.
- Freshman Natalie Welsch (Eden Prairie, Minn.) leads the team and is fifth in the Patriot League with 3.09 kills per set. She has totaled double-digit kills four times this season including a season-best 22 kills versus Bryant on Sept. 14. Welsch was named to the Brown Invitational and the Harvard Invitational All-Tournament teams.
- Freshman Emily Popp (Clarkston, Mich.) leads the team and is ranked third in the Patriot League with 4.65 digs per set. She is also ranked 67th nationally in digs per set. She has tallied 20 digs or more in five matches this season.
- Freshman Katie McKernan (Sylvania, Ohio) is ranked eighth in the Patriot League with 6.74 assists per set. She has a team-best four double-doubles this season. Junior Kamele Shizuru (Kailua, Hawaii) is 10th in the Patriot League with 0.81 blocks per set, while junior Hannah Grace Stokes (Atlanta, Ga.) is sixth in the league and 84th nationally with 0.41 aces per set.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross volleyball team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.