Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 0-0 (0-0 PL); Last Week: 0-0
Schedule: Friday, Aug. 30 vs. Sacred Heart, Worcester, Mass., 7:30 p.m., Live Stats
Saturday, Aug. 31 vs. Stony Brook, Worcester, Mass., 11:00 a.m., Live Stats
Saturday, Aug. 31 vs. Manhattan, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m., Live Stats
- The Holy Cross volleyball team will begin the 2013 season by hosting the Crusader Classic on Aug. 30-31 at the Holy Cross Field House. The Crusaders will face off against Sacred Heart (Aug. 30), Stony Brook (Aug. 31) and Manhattan (Aug. 31).
- The Crusaders went 3-27 overall last year and 2-12 in the Patriot League. Holy Cross returns eight letterwinners, while five freshmen have joined the team. Last season, Sacred Heart went 10-20 overall and 8-8 in the Northeast Conference. Last year, the Crusaders fell to the Pioneers by a 3-0 on Aug. 24 at the Holy Cross Field House as part of the Beanpot Classic. Stony Brook went 11-14 overall and 6-6 in America East last year, while Manhattan went 15-15 overall and 10-8 in the MAAC. The Crusaders fell to the Seawolves, 3-2, on Sept. 19, 2009at the Brown Invitational in their last meeting, while Holy Cross lost to the Jaspers, 3-1, on Sept. 11, 2010 at the Bryant Invitational.
- Juniors Mary-Kate Short (Lighthouse Point, Fla.) and Alicia Swearingen (Springdale, Ark.) will be the team captains for the 2013 season. Both are members of the Holy Cross Leadership Academy.
- The Crusaders are scheduled to play 28 regular season matches this year including 13 home matches at the Holy Cross Field House. Along with the Crusader Classic, the Crusaders will play at the Harvard Invitational and the Brown Invitational.
- Get all the latest news and results on the Holy Cross volleyball team sent directly to your e-mail. To sign up for e-mail alerts go here: http://www.goholycross.com/list-signup.