Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 7-18 (3-6 PL); Last Week: 1-1
Scoreboard: Lehigh 3, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 10/21
Holy Cross 3, Lafayette 0, Worcester, Mass., 10/22
Schedule: Wednesday, Oct. 26 vs. New Hampshire, Worcester, Mass., 6:00 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 30 at Army, West Point, N.Y., 1:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross volleyball team, which went 1-1 last week and are 7-18 overall (3-6 Patriot League), will play two matches this week. The Crusaders will play a non-conference match versus New Hampshire at the Holy Cross Field House on Wednesday, Oct. 26 at 6:00 p.m. They will then travel to West Point, N.Y. to meet Patriot League opponent Army on Sunday, Oct. 30 at 1:00 p.m. at Gillis Field House. Fans can watch the New Hampshire match by going here.
- New Hampshire is 7-16 overall (6-1 America East). After starting the season with a 0-14 record, the Wildcats have won seven of their last nine matches and are tied for first place in America East. The last time Holy Cross and UNH met, the Wildcats won by a 3-0 in Durham, N.H., on Sept. 14, 2007 at the New Hampshire Tournament. Also that same season, the Wildcats won 3-0 on Sept. 1, 2007, at the Boston College/Northeastern Challenge. The Crusaders have lost nine straight to the Wildcats. Holy Cross' last win versus New Hampshire was a 2-0 victory in the 1985 season. The Crusaders also won by a 3-0 score versus the Wildcats in 1985. Holy Cross head coach Erin Walker is a 2006 graduate of New Hampshire as she was a three-time All-America East Conference selection and a two-time team captain. Walker was also a graduate assistant coach at UNH for the 2008 and 2009 seasons.
- Army, who has won five straight matches and plays at Manhattan on Oct. 26, is 17-6 overall and tied for first place in the Patriot League with a 6-1 record. The Black Knights defeated the Crusaders this season in Worcester by a 3-0 score on Oct. 8. Holy Cross has lost 11 straight matches to Army. The Crusaders' last win over the Black Knights was a 3-2 victory on Nov. 12, 2005 in Worcester.
- Senior Kathleen Colpoys (Scituate, Mass.) has a career-best 68 blocks this season to lead the team. Her 201 career blocks are fifth all-time at the school and her 715 career kills are seventh. She is the first Crusader to record over 700 kills and 200 blocks.
- Junior Megan Lynch (Mendham, N.J.) led the team with 23 kills and 3.83 kills per set last week, including recording 13 kills and 4.33 kills per set in the 3-0 win versus Lafayette. She also led the team with four aces for the week. She is second all-time in school history with 1,149 career kills and is eighth with 866 career digs. She is just one of three players in program history to record over 1,000 kills and 800 digs. Her 34 kills versus Bryant on Oct. 5 are the second most in Division I in the nation this season. Lynch's 4.05 kills per set are ranked 43rd nationally.
- Freshman Hannah Grace Stokes (Atlanta, Ga.) posted double-doubles in both matches on the week. She recorded 49 assists and averaged 8.17 assists per set. Stokes also led the team with 24 digs and 4.00 digs per set. She tied for the team-lead with six blocks. She now has eight double-doubles for the season including recording 29 assists and 14 digs to lead the team in last week's 3-0 victory versus Lafayette.
- Holy Cross is third in the Patriot League with 14.95 digs per set and is fourth with 1.84 blocks per set. Lynch is first in the conference with 336 kills and 4.05 kills per set as she is the only player averaging over 4.00 kills per set. Colpoys is seventh with a .269 hitting percentage. Colpoys is also sixth in blocks per set (0.84) and junior Callie Black (Fallon, Nev.) is seventh (0.80). Junior Elizabeth Watters (San Francisco, Calif.) is ranked fourth in the league with 3.86 digs per set, Stokes is fourth in assists per set with 8.37. Lynch is tied for eighth with 0.34 aces per set.