Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 6-17 (2-5 PL); Last Week: 0-2
Scoreboard: Colgate 3, Holy Cross 1, Hamilton, N.Y., 10/14
Bucknell 3, Holy Cross 0, Lewisburg, Pa., 10/15
Schedule: Friday, Oct. 21 vs. Lehigh, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 22 vs. Lafayette, Worcester, Mass., 2:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross volleyball team, which went 0-2 last week and are 6-17 overall (2-5 Patriot League), will play two conference matches at the Holy Cross Field House. The Crusaders will take on Lehigh on Friday, Oct. 21 at 7:00 p.m., and then meet Lafayette on Saturday, Oct. 22 at 2:00 p.m. Fans can watch the matches by going here.
- Lehigh has won four straight matches including a 3-0 win over American on Oct. 15, giving the Eagles their first loss of the season. The Mountain Hawks are tied for third place in the Patriot League standings with a 5-2 record as they are also 13-7 overall. Lafayette is tied for seventh with a 1-6 league record and are 8-11 overall. The Crusaders are tied for fifth with a 2-5 record. Earlier this season, the Crusaders won at Lafayette by a 3-0 score on Sept. 23 and were swept at Lehigh on Sept. 24.
- The Lehigh and Lafayette matches will be a part of "Pink for a Purpose" as the Crusaders are raising money for Pink Revolution. To make a donation go to http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/HCVB/pink-for-a-purpose. PINK Revolution is an alliance of dedicated individuals with a unified commitment to those touched by breast cancer. Its mission is to support early detection and prevention strategies, fund clinical research advancements and promote survivorship programs in Central Mass. through its affiliation with the UMass Memorial Comprehensive Breast Center.
- Junior Megan Lynch (Mendham, N.J.) is second all-time in school history with 1,126 career kills and is eighth with 858 career digs. She is just one of three players in program history to record over 1,000 kills and 800 digs. Her 34 kills versus Bryant on Oct. 5 are the second most in Division I in the nation this season. Lynch's 4.06 kills per set are ranked 45th nationally.
- Senior Kathleen Colpoys (Scituate, Mass.) has a career-best 65 blocks this season to lead the team and now has 198 for her career, which are fifth all-time at the school. Her 705 career kills are seventh all-time.
- Junior Elizabeth Watters (San Francisco, Calif.) leads the team this season with 304 digs. Her 828 career digs are ninth all-time at the school.
- Holy Cross is third in the Patriot League with 15.04 digs per set and is fourth with 1.82 blocks per set. Lynch is first in the conference with 313 kills and 4.06 kills per set, while Colpoys is sixth with a .283 hitting percentage. Colpoys is also tied for fifth in blocks per set (0.87) and junior Callie Black (Fallon, Nev.) is seventh (0.80). Watters is ranked fourth in the league with 3.90 digs per set, while freshman Hannah Grace Stokes (Atlanta, Ga.) is fourth in assists per set with 8.39. Lynch is eighth with 0.31 aces per set.