Crusaders To Host Dartmouth And Then Compete At Harvard Invitational
Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 4-6 (0-0 PL); Last Week: 1-3
Scoreboard: Hartford 3, Holy Cross 0, West Hartford, Conn., 9/7
Harvard 3, Holy Cross 0, Smithfield, R.I., 9/9
Holy Cross 3, Maryland-Eastern Shore 0, Smithfield, R.I., 9/10
Bryant 3, Holy Cross 0, Smithfield, R.I., 9/10
Schedule: Tuesday, Sept. 13 vs. Dartmouth, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 16 at Harvard, Cambridge, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 17 vs. Navy, Cambridge, Mass., 10:00 a.m.
Saturday, Sept. 17 vs. Northeastern, Cambridge, Mass., 4:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross volleyball team, which went 1-3 last week and are 4-6 overall, will play four matches this week. On Tuesday, Sept. 13, the Crusaders will play Dartmouth at the Holy Cross Field House at 7:00 p.m. Fans can watch the match by going here. The Crusaders will then compete at the Harvard Invitational in Cambridge, Mass., on Friday and Saturday, Sept. 16-17. On Friday, Holy Cross will play Harvard (7:00 p.m.), while on Saturday the Crusaders will meet Patriot League opponent Navy (10:00 a.m.) in a non-conference contest and Northeastern (4:00 p.m.).
- Junior Megan Lynch (Mendham, N.J.) was outstanding over the three matches at the Bryant Invitational as she earned MVP accolades. She recorded a total of 39 kills, averaging 4.33 kills per set, while she also posted 35 digs during the tournament for 3.89 digs per set. Lynch tallied 15 kills and 14 digs in the Crusaders' 3-0 win over Maryland-Eastern Shore. This is her first career regular season tournament MVP honor.
- The Crusaders have lost six straight to the Big Green. Holy Cross defeated Dartmouth, 3-2, in 1993 for its last win over Dartmouth. The Big Green are 4-3 so far this season.
- Harvard is 4-2 this season including a 3-0 win over the Crusaders last week at the Bryant Invitational. The Midshipmen are 3-8 this year while the Huskies are 7-2 and just recently won the St. John's Classic.
- Lynch has recorded a double-double in eight of the 10 matches this season. She now has 35 career double-doubles. Lynch has 942 career kills which are already third all-time in school history. She has led the Crusaders in kills in all 10 matches this season. Junior Elizabeth Watters (San Francisco, Calif.) has earned double-digit digs in nine of the 10 matches this season. She leads the team with 149 digs and has 673 for her career.
- Holy Cross is second in the Patriot League with 2.00 blocks per set and is third with 15.97 digs per set. Lynch is tied for first in the conference with 3.79 kills per set, while Watters is third with 4.38 digs per set. Junior Callie Black (Fallon, Nev.) and senior Kathleen Colpoys (Scituate, Mass.) are tied for third in the league with 0.97 blocks per set. Colpoys' .281 hitting percentage is ranked fifth in the Patriot League and Black's .242 percentage is 10th. Freshman Hannah Grace Stokes (Atlanta, Ga.) is averaging 7.29 assists per set which are seventh in the conference and Lynch's 0.32 aces per set are tied for ninth.