Volleyball To Play At Bucknell & Colgate In Last Two Matches Of The Season
Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 12-19 (4-8 PL); Last Week: 1-1
Scoreboard: American 3, Holy Cross 0, Worcester, Mass., 11/5
Holy Cross 3, Navy 2, Worcester, Mass., 11/6
Schedule: Friday, Nov. 12 at Bucknell, Lewisburg, Pa., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 13 at Colgate, Hamilton, N.Y., 3:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross volleyball team (12-19 overall, 4-8 Patriot League) will conclude the 2010 season this week with two Patriot League away matches. On Friday, Nov. 12, the Crusaders will travel to Lewisburg, Pa., to play Bucknell (9-15, 7-5 Patriot League) at 7:00 p.m. Holy Cross will then travel to Hamilton, N.Y., to take on Colgate (15-11, 8-4 Patriot League) on Saturday, Nov. 13 at 3:00 p.m. Holy Cross is in sixth place in the Patriot League standings, while Bucknell is in fourth and Colgate, who has clinched a bid to the Patriot League Tournament, is in third place.
- Earlier this season, Holy Cross lost to Bucknell, 3-2. Last year, the Crusaders went 1-1 versus the Bison with a 3-0 loss on the road and a 3-1 victory at home in the second meeting of the season. The win was Holy Cross' first over the Bison since Oct. 6, 2001 as Bucknell had won 16 straight over the Crusaders.
- Holy Cross has lost 11 straight matches to the Raiders with its last win being on Nov. 12, 2004. Earlier this season, the Crusaders lost to Colgate by a 3-1 score.
- Holy Cross' 12 wins are its most since going 12-16 in 2000. Also their four Patriot League victories are their most since they went 6-8 in 2004. The Crusaders have won 50 sets this year. The 50 sets won are the most for Holy Cross since winning 55 in 1989. The Crusaders are 4-4 in five-set matches this season. Last year they went 0-5. The Crusaders are 7-9 in three-setters and 1-6 in four-setters.
- The Crusaders went 8-7 at the Holy Cross Field House this season. Last season, Holy Cross went 3-8 in Worcester. Holy Cross is 2-4 on a neutral court and 2-8 on its opponent's home court.
- Holy Cross leads the Patriot League in digs (1,759), while the Crusaders are second in kills (1,301) and assists (1,178). Holy Cross is also third in aces (156).
- The Crusaders' 1,301 kills and 1,178 assists are first all-time at Holy Cross. Also their 1,759 digs are third.
- Sophomore Megan Lynch (Mendham, N.J.) leads the Patriot League with 421 kills and is second with 3.63 kills per set. Her 3.63 kills per set are ranked 90th in the nation. Her 421 kills are a new Holy Cross single-season record as she is the first Crusader to record 400 kills in a season. Lynch's 792 career kills are fifth all-time at Holy Cross. She has recorded double-digit kills in 25 of the 31 matches this season as she has either led or tied for the team-lead in kills in 28 matches. Lynch has 19 double-doubles this season and 26 for her career. She is second on the team with a career-best 370 digs as her 3.19 digs per set are ninth in the conference. Her 370 digs are also fourth all-time for a single season at Holy Cross. For her career, Lynch has 603 digs. For the season she is averaging 3.63 kills per set and 3.19 digs per set. The last time someone has averaged over three kills and three digs per set in the Patriot League was in the 2006 season. The last Crusader to average over three kills and three digs per set was Christine Strawson in 2005.
- Senior Angela Chisholm (Millis, Mass.) is only the fifth Crusader to record 1,000 career digs as her 1,127 career digs are ranked fourth all-time at Holy Cross. Chisholm is 17 digs away from setting a new Holy Cross single-season digs record as she has 414 digs this season which are third all-time at the school. She is now only the second Crusader to record 400 digs in a season. Katie Lynch reached 400 digs twice as she had 430 in 1999 and 416 in 1998. She is ranked first in the Patriot League in digs and is seventh in digs per set with 3.57. She has recorded double-digit digs in 24 matches this season.
- Senior setter Chelsey O'Donnell (Pittsburgh, Pa.) holds the Holy Cross career assists record as she now has 3,413. She has 1,035 assists this season as she is only the second Crusader to tally 1,000 assists in a season as Ellen Pinkowski had 1,126 in 1991. She leads the Patriot League, while her 8.92 assists per set are third in the league. She has 12 double-doubles this season and 31 for her career. O'Donnell's 99 kills this season are a career best. She has 119 career aces which are tied for third all-time at Holy Cross as her 39 this season lead the Patriot League. She also has 876 career digs which are seventh all-time at the school as she has a career-best 278 this year.
- Junior Kathleen Colpoys (Scituate, Mass.) leads the team and is ranked ninth in the Patriot League with a .249 hitting percentage. She also leads the team with a career-best 56 total blocks and is second on the team with a career-best 218 kills. For her career she has 132 blocks and 521 kills.
- Senior Rebecca DeSanti (Hampden, Mass.) is having a career season as her 148 kills, 110 digs and 17 aces are the best for her career. She is third on the team in kills.
- Freshman Alex Aycock (Jonesboro, Ark.) is second on the team this season with 1.97 kills per set. Sophomore Elizabeth Watters (San Francisco, Calif.) is third on the team with a career-best 317 digs. Sophomore Liz Ashton (Milford, Mass.) is second on the team with a career-best 52 blocks and is first with 0.59 blocks per set, while she also has a career-best 110 kills. Sophomore Callie Black (Fallon, Nev.) is third on the team with 36 blocks and is second with 0.51 blocks per set, while she has also recorded 85 kills. Freshman Christiana Blakeslee (Ashtabula, Ohio) has demonstrated her versatility as she has contributed in all aspects of the sport as she has 72 kills, 28 assists, 20 blocks and 51 digs.