Holy Cross Volleyball
Overall: 11-18 (3-7 PL); Last Week: 0-1
Scoreboard: Army 3, Holy Cross 2, Worcester, Mass., 10/30
Schedule: Friday, Nov. 5 vs. American, Worcester, Mass., 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 6 vs. Navy, Worcester, Mass., 4:00 p.m.
- The Holy Cross volleyball team (11-18 overall, 3-7 Patriot League) returns to action on Friday, Nov. 5, when they play Patriot League opponent American (23-2 overall, 10-0 Patriot League) at the Holy Cross Field House at 7:00 p.m., while on Saturday, Nov. 6, the Crusaders will play their last home match of the season when they meet Navy (7-19 overall, 1-9 Patriot League) in a Patriot League contest at 4:00 p.m. for Senior Day. With four regular season Patriot League matches remaining, the Crusaders are in sixth place in the Patriot League standings, while the Eagles are in first place and the Midshipmen are in seventh.
- The Crusaders are 0-20 all-time versus American and lost to the Eagles by a 3-0 score this season. The Eagles are currently on a 17-match win streak. American has won eight of nine Patriot League regular season and tournament titles since joining the league in 2001.
- Holy Cross has won three straight matches over Navy with a 3-0 win this season on Oct. 1 and two 3-0 victories last year. Before last season, the Mids had won four straight over the Crusaders. Holy Cross is 4-6 versus Navy in the last 10 matches between the two teams.
- Holy Cross' 11 wins are its most since going 11-14 in 2001. The Crusaders have won 47 sets so far this year. The 47 sets won are the most for Holy Cross since winning 55 in 1989. The Crusaders are 3-4 in five-set matches this season. Last year they went 0-5. The Crusaders are 7-8 in three-setters and 1-6 in four-setters.
- The Crusaders are 7-6 at the Holy Cross Field House so far this season. Last season, Holy Cross went 3-8 in Worcester. Holy Cross is 2-4 on a neutral court and 2-8 on its opponent's home court.
- Holy Cross leads the Patriot League in kills (1,206) and digs (1,657). The Crusaders are second in assists (1,093) and aces (147).
- The Crusaders' 1,206 kills are fourth all-time at Holy Cross. Also their 1,093 assists and 1,657 digs are third.
- Sophomore Megan Lynch (Mendham, N.J.) leads the Patriot League with 389 kills and is third with 3.60 kills per set. Her 3.60 kills per set are ranked 96th in the nation. Lynch's 389 kills this season are a career best and are second all-time at Holy Cross for a single season as she is eight kills away from setting a new school record. The all-time record is 396 by Caitlin Agostinacchio in 2004. Lynch's 760 career kills are sixth all-time at Holy Cross. She has recorded double-digit kills in 23 of the 29 matches this season as she has either led or tied for the team-lead in kills in 26 matches. Lynch has 18 double-doubles this season and 25 for her career. She is second on the team with a career-best 344 digs as her 3.19 digs per set are tied for ninth in the conference. Her 344 digs are also ninth all-time for a single season at Holy Cross. For her career, Lynch has 577 digs.
- Senior Angela Chisholm (Millis, Mass.) is only the fifth Crusader to record 1,000 career digs as her 1,098 career digs are ranked fourth all-time at Holy Cross. So far this season she leads the team with 385 digs and 3.56 digs per set. She is ranked first in the Patriot League in digs and is seventh in digs per set. Her 385 digs this season are a career best and are third all-time at Holy Cross. She has recorded double-digit digs in 22 matches this season.
- Senior setter Chelsey O'Donnell (Pittsburgh, Pa.) holds the Holy Cross career assists record as she now has 3,331. O'Donnell's career-best 953 assists this year lead the Patriot League and are third all-time at Holy Cross for a single season, while her 8.82 assists per set are third in the Patriot League. She has 12 double-doubles this season and 31 for her career. O'Donnell's 95 kills this season are a career best. She has 115 career aces which are fifth all-time at Holy Cross as her 35 this season lead the Patriot League. She also has 864 career digs which are seventh all-time at the school as she has a career-best 266 this year.
- Junior Kathleen Colpoys (Scituate, Mass.) leads the team and is ranked ninth in the Patriot League with a .249 hitting percentage. She also leads the team with a career-best 52 total blocks and is second on the team with a career-best 206 kills. For her career she has 128 blocks and 509 kills.
- Senior Rebecca DeSanti (Hampden, Mass.) is having a career season as her 132 kills, 103 digs and 17 aces are the best for her career. She is fourth on the team in kills.
- Freshman Alex Aycock (Jonesboro, Ark.) is second on the team this season with 1.96 kills per set. Sophomore Elizabeth Watters (San Francisco, Calif.) is third on the team with a career-best 307 digs. Sophomore Liz Ashton (Milford, Mass.) is second on the team with a career-best 51 blocks and is first with 0.62 blocks per set, while she also has a career-best 102 kills. Sophomore Callie Black (Fallon, Nev.) is third on the team with 35 blocks and is second with 0.53 blocks per set, while she has also recorded 79 kills. Freshman Christiana Blakeslee (Ashtabula, Ohio) has demonstrated her versatility as she has contributed in all aspects of the sport as she has 60 kills, 26 assists, 20 blocks and 42 digs.